1.    #1  
    i was wondering if someone know where i could buy this cable they using at the 2010 ces show to display the pre screen on..

I think they were using an attached camera rig to show the screen and not a cable. :-(
    No, he clearly states something along the line of "you'll notice this cable coming off the phone, which will display what we're doing on the big screen".

The trouble there, is the cable appears to be hacked into the top of the phone, where there is clearly no display port to speak of.

I'd say they have a prototype pre with it's video feed split off and running through that bulky cable coming off the back of the pre screen.

In other words, your not going to get a video -out- without hacking the hell out of your physical handset (as I understand it, there is no video-out capabilities via the usb port).
    No video out cababilities. its a special made model ( hack) they use. nothign that us PRE users will be able to do. I used to do that with my Touch Pro. trust me your not missing anything.
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The processor does have video out pins on it - so I've read elsewhere on this forum - that are not connected to anything. They probably just soldered their cable leads to those pins.

xtn
    OK, I didn't see / notice that part with the cable but at one point during the game demos it appeared they did have a camera rig pointing down at the Pre.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    No, he clearly states something along the line of "you'll notice this cable coming off the phone, which will display what we're doing on the big screen".

The trouble there, is the cable appears to be hacked into the top of the phone, where there is clearly no display port to speak of.

I'd say they have a prototype pre with it's video feed split off and running through that bulky cable coming off the back of the pre screen.

In other words, your not going to get a video -out- without hacking the hell out of your physical handset (as I understand it, there is no video-out capabilities via the usb port).
    the jack above the pre goes to the headphone/mic jack.. my camcorder video out jack looks to be the same as the one on top of the pre. i lose the cable that came with it awhile back so i cant test it. i have a feeling it would work it i could try it. having video out would be great..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    No video out cababilities. its a special made model ( hack) they use. nothign that us PRE users will be able to do. I used to do that with my Touch Pro. trust me your not missing anything.
    how u know it's a special made model? u dont work for palm to know that..and u say'' I used to do that with my Touch Pro. trust me your not missing anything.'' wat u careless about somebody else do..i have video inputs in my car dash and would love to hook my pre up to it and see sprint navigation on a bigger display while i drive..
    was a educated guess on my part . I work for a handheld diustributer ( motorola) and we have special models for using displays that are different then the models we sell for obvious reasons. We hack them and take them apart etc. As someone stated correctly its most likley a prototype that is hacked to have a display mode. the PRE does not have a display mode so its a moot point.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/10/2010 at 03:57 PM.