1.    #1  
    Is this for real! I will let you know if it is since I ordered one.

I hope it is as I need a charger for work.

Amazon.com: Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable for your Phone! This professional grade custom cable outperforms the original!: Cell Phones & Service
    Thanks, I've been wanting to buy an extra cable for traveling with my laptop for a while now!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    No different than any other Micro USB cable. The "price" may be 1 cent, but shipping is $2.98. You can get these on ebay for $1.48 with free shipping.

Micro USB Data Cable for LG env2 env3 BB Storm Curve - eBay (item 120504023940 end time Feb-06-10 21:12:12 PST)
    Cool stuff. I actually had broken my cable, went to the sprint store and told the guy, and he gave me a new one for free. Pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Dont get it from ebay. I bought one and it didnt work. Spend the extra dollar or two and get it from amazon.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thnaks for the tip.
    EA

Veer
    They also have the original charger that comes with the phone on Amazon for $6.79 plus $4.00 shipping.

Don't have enough posts to provide the URL though.
    As mentioned above, monoprice is the best place to get spare cables. I ordered two from there recently. They also ship very fast. I ordered two cables for $4.11 shipped. If you use monoprice these are the ones you want two would be $4.51 shipped right now:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    Last edited by ev99wutang; 01/10/2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: add
    How much is shipping from monoprice?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    How much is shipping from monoprice?
    The cheapest shipping is $2.07 (3-4 day delivery time)
    argh, $33 dlls to Mexico. No deal for me, too bad
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    thanks! just ordered from monoprice, $3.01 for one cable plus shipping, not bad!
    Sweet I got two from monoprice for a grand total of $4.51. Thanks for the link.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I got the one from amazon.. it sucks.. doesn't work with the touchstone (after being modified) it kept saying charging battery, then it'd go away and then do it over and over again. file transfering was really slow it detected the Pre as a usb 1.0 device.. so transfers took forever..
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    sweet! got a couple for the office (4 pres here)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just received 2 from Monoprice.com. They work flawlessly, just as advertised. TWO for ~$4.50 shipped. What a bargain!!?!

This does raise a question for me tho.... I use dnsmasq.palm.conf to assign an ip address to my PC USB port based on MAC Address so I can tether and connect via putty and other SSH clients.

When a new webos version is released and the palm is updated, a new MAC address is assigned to the USB interface. Cool, I get that!!!

But, "why come" I got a new MAC address when I used a new non-Palm [MonoPrice] cable??? While waiting on the MonoPrice cable, I got Sprint to give me another Palm cable... i kept bytching at them....and the MAC address remained the same. This is very interesting to me!!