Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Touchstone user and never had a problem with it on any updates. Maybe Im lucky, still on rlease day pre. Only open usb port for WOSQI and occassional charging when TS is not available.
    I have a Touchstone on my car and on my desk. Both are great ...no problems at all. The magnet holds it very secure in the car and it has never fallen off. Make life so much easier!
    Never had a problem with my Touchstone. Works perfectly. Thinking about adding one to the car.
    LOVE my TS.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Got one for Christmas. Not sure how I lived without it since launch day!

Mine is by my chair in the living room. I placed the vibrate charge patch on it, the never shut off patch, and now I can put my binary clock on for all to see. I'm kind of a atomic clock freak. Makes for great conversation. Of course most of that is me explaining to the each person how you read a bianary clock.

Had to conect up to the PC the other day and realized how much I loved my TS.

I always listen for the vibrate when I'm walking away from it after placing the phone on it.

Never had an issue with mine, of course it's been a month.
    can you post a link to the patches?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have a Touchstone question that I wasn't able to see addressed in any searches I tried to run. Given that it uses magnets to hold the phone, are there any warnings about using it in closed proximity to a computer or laptop or any other media storage devices?
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke35 View Post
    I have a Touchstone question that I wasn't able to see addressed in any searches I tried to run. Given that it uses magnets to hold the phone, are there any warnings about using it in closed proximity to a computer or laptop or any other media storage devices?
    You really should start a new thread for something that's a whole new line of thought, but regardless of that, no.

The field from the permanent magnets in the back of the Pre (or Pixi) aren't strong enough to have any effect on the drive inside a laptop, or the stripes on the cards in that wallet in your pocket alongside your Pre. You'd probably even be hard pressed to damage a floppy disk with them; just don't go unwinding your VHS tapes, holding them up to the back of your Pre, and moving them all around. You've been warned...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Only problem I've had with the Touchstone was actually caused by a bad USB cable which was causing an issue when placing the Pre on to charge.
    I wonder if the usb cable is causing my charging problems?

Can anyone recommend where to buy an OEM usb cable?
    The only way to find out for sure, is to try a new one.
    Plus you get the added beneift of the touchstone removing any metal shavings from your speaker.
    1st TS bought at a Sprint store, works great

2nd TS was direct shipped from Sprints warehouse. It had the recharging issue when at 100%. I swapped it out at a Sprint store and have no issues with the new one.

3rd TS bought frome Dell is in route.

I love my Touchstones... Makes charging quicker and easier. At first I had some issues just because if you don't put your phone on the Touchstone right then that's when you might have some issues. I start from the top and slide my phone down til it stops. Also I have the back light off. It seems to work better for "me".
    Last edited by tbaker55; 01/27/2010 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I bit the bullet and bought a TS. I've only had it for about 4 days but so far it works perfectly. No issues whatsoever. Thanks to everyone for the comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I have two - one for my office and one for home. I had the "off and on" issue, but then realized that I wasn't making sure it was connected in the right spot. Once I figured that out, both are rock solid. I find it to be great - it's really neat not to have to deal with the charging cover, and I can run a slide show or a fish tank on my desk.

With timepiece+pandora, your pre can behave like a clock radio on while charging on the TS next to the night stand.
    Is there a setting that allows you to place a pre on the touchstone so that the clock shows up in the horizontal or landscape mode? Other than placing it on the touchstone while in clock.
    I have one since launch day (Germany). First one has the ding dong problem.
    Went back they told me that the combination of Backcover an TS sometimes does not fit. So they exchanged the TS and from there on everything is terrific. Can't live without a TS anymore.
    Hate it do connect USB for a doctor (or some program not avail in Preware).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123