Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a question for those that have one in their car. I was under the impression that the TS doesn't charge well unless you place the phone at a specific angle (i.e. not horizontal or upside down). Is that really the case or does it charge the same no matter how the phone is placed?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    There is a patch that makes the Pre only vibrate when placed on the Touchstone rather than the annoying ring. One of my favorite patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    That was the problem I had. When it hit about 90-94% it would flash on/off "Battery Charging". I called Palm technical support when I first got it and they replaced it. i have had my new one for a while now and it doesn't do that.
    Would they replace the ones I got from Precentral too?
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I love my touchstones. I have one at home and one in the car (which is AWESOME)

I got mine from PreCentral (a two pack) and one was messed up. Shipping from the US to Canada sucks, and by the time I figured out what the issue was I called Palm, and they arranged for a replacement - shipped out in a couple days.

So even though I live in Canada, Palm Canada got me a replacement TS shipped from California for the ones I bought over the net. Pretty good, considering it only took a couple of phone calls.
    I have three touchstones. Home, Work, Car. Had some problems with the work one using a non-palm USB cable. My theory is that the monoprice cable i was using didn't have thick enough wires to support the power draw, causing the dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I love my touchstones. I have one at home and one in the car (which is AWESOME)

I got mine from PreCentral (a two pack) and one was messed up. Shipping from the US to Canada sucks, and by the time I figured out what the issue was I called Palm, and they arranged for a replacement - shipped out in a couple days.

So even though I live in Canada, Palm Canada got me a replacement TS shipped from California for the ones I bought over the net. Pretty good, considering it only took a couple of phone calls.
    Okay then I'll try to get both of mine replaced. Thanks.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I didn't even think there are people out there that don't have a touchstone. I can't imaging removing that usb crap on a regular basis.
    I regularly remove the USB cover to charge in my car, and don't think it's a big deal.

However, I also have a Touchstone and think it's awesome. It is too bright right next to my bed but I just cover the screen with the black pouch that comes with the Pre (not putting the phone in the pouch but laying the pouch on top of the screen), and it darkens it just fine.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DataVamp View Post
    I have a question for those that have one in their car. I was under the impression that the TS doesn't charge well unless you place the phone at a specific angle (i.e. not horizontal or upside down). Is that really the case or does it charge the same no matter how the phone is placed?
    Well, I can't speak to using the touchstone in my car, but I do use it next to my bed, stuck on the wall, upside down (ie. the palm logo is upside down) and it works just fine. I can charge the phone in both landscape and portrait mode perfectly fine as well.
    I got one for Christmas, and have been using it w/o problems. I just wish I could turn the screen off.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have 2 right now one for me and one for my wife we love them and have no problems with them.
    I've got one on me desk at work, one in my truck, one on my wife's desk in her home office, and my son has one in his room for his Pixi. They're all flawless.
    Got one for Christmas. Not sure how I lived without it since launch day!

Mine is by my chair in the living room. I placed the vibrate charge patch on it, the never shut off patch, and now I can put my binary clock on for all to see. I'm kind of a atomic clock freak. Makes for great conversation. Of course most of that is me explaining to the each person how you read a bianary clock.

Had to conect up to the PC the other day and realized how much I loved my TS.

I always listen for the vibrate when I'm walking away from it after placing the phone on it.

Never had an issue with mine, of course it's been a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I got mine from Amazon, so I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    (hmmm, I can hear the salesperson now..."Induction charging, It's not just for toothbrushes anymore!")
    lol. I love my induction charging toothbrush!

To the OP, Seriously though, you hear all the horror stories because on the web you hear all the horror stories.

For the vast majority of touchstone users, you just slap your pre down on the puck, the magnets line it up for you, and it charges at about 3/4 the speed of charging from the wall charger directly, with a nice dashboard/clock/notification/thingy that comes up when it's on the touchstone.

I have one on my bedside table and one in my car.
    i have 2, and they work deliciously. Go get them at treo-gear.com for $29.95 already and move on.

Close this thread please.
    I'll add to the list of happy "stone" users. Had absolutely no problems, very convenient. Just easier to keep it fully charged when all you have to do is place it on the stone vs connecting it. Anyway, no regrets, get it!!!!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    perfect so far, not a single problem
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    Ditto!
    I have a Touchstone and love it, but I want a van like yours! (Is that the Ford whatchamacallit?)
    I've got one at home and one at work. Initially had the on/off issue, and some frustration returning them at the Sprint store, which I ranted about in a different post. Then I got two from PreCentral and they are outstanding. I never have to worry about how much battery power I'm using up. Plus, it's just cool. I strongly recommend it.
    yep couldn't live without mine.I have one on my nightstand one in the kitchen and one in the car all three work great.I only sometime have an issue with the one in the car when I hit a bump it will reset and bring back up the charging notification
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast