Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I want to buy a car mount for my Pre, but I also want to try to mount the Touchstone in it. Has anyone modified any mounts with the touchstone? I see the thread with the pics, but I want to know the type of mount that was used. Thank you.
    ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Just buy the mount and not the additional phone holder. Attach the TS to the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ProClip Mounting System*-*Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Just buy the mount and not the additional phone holder. Attach the TS to the mount.

I have this setup in each of my vehicles.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    thank you much!
    Dumb question, I know - how do you attach the TS to the mount? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The bottom of the TS has some adhesive, but I am sure you could purchase stronger double sided tape, or use some screws/etc to secure the TS to that mount. Any one have some good pointers/pictures of this?
    Any of 3M's VHB tapes will work very well.
    This was quick and easy method that I used to mount my TS charger. All it riquired was some extreme velcrose (purchased at a car wash) and in a few minutes I had my TS mounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks, I think I will have to get a proclip mount to put the tape on and not actually on my car, though. Don't want to leave a sticky mark on the car when I go to sell it.

Does anyone use the sprint case that works with the touchstone in their car? Does it fall off very easily?
    I originally used this velcrose to mount my ipod to my dash for a couple of years. I wanted to move my Pre closer to me and the orignal velcrose strip peeled off leaving no residue on my dash. The sticky surface is of the strip is the same as the bottom of the TS charger.
    Thanks. It would be nice to have it closer. I'll have to go look at the velcro and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I originally used this velcrose to mount my ipod to my dash for a couple of years. I wanted to move my Pre closer to me and the orignal velcrose strip peeled off leaving no residue on my dash. The sticky surface is of the strip is the same as the bottom of the TS charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer View Post
    Thanks. It would be nice to have it closer. I'll have to go look at the velcro and think about it.
    PM your address, I will mail you some strips, no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    PM your address, I will mail you some strips, no big deal.
    Sent. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Arkon mount for the Tomtom EasyPort. I just built mine up, but don't have pictures ready yet. Arkon TT112 / TTEP112 is the part number with the dashpad bean bag.
    I originally tried using some pretty strong double sided tape to mount my touchstone, but it would end up slipping off after about one week. Where can I buy some of these velcro strips? Is there a specific brand you've used that works well? Thanks!