webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Xlink bt, Xlink bttn or Dock-N-Talk. Which do you have or which is best?
Xlink bt, Xlink bttn or Dock-N-Talk. Which do you have or which is best?

Old 01/04/2010, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am thinking of dropping my home land line service. To be able to still use my hard wired phones in the house I need the Xlink or Dock-N-Talk.
The Xlink BT will work with 3 cell phones.
Xlink BBTN will do 3 cell phones and a land line or magic jack
The Dock-N-Talk seems to have a much greater setup cost.

Here is what I need. 2-3 cell phone connection. My Magic Jack is not really a concern.

My question is do you have one? If so which one? Does it work with the Pre and Pixi? And any thoughts.
Finally Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2010, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ok. So no one knows what I am talking about? No..... way to advanced of a community to not have anyone know. No one has an opinion? No.... we all know that almost everyone here has and opinion. Then what can it be?

Someone out there has got to have used or know something about these units.
Anyone?
Finally Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2010, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
I am thinking of dropping my home land line service. To be able to still use my hard wired phones in the house I need the Xlink or Dock-N-Talk.
The Xlink BT will work with 3 cell phones.
Xlink BBTN will do 3 cell phones and a land line or magic jack
The Dock-N-Talk seems to have a much greater setup cost.

Here is what I need. 2-3 cell phone connection. My Magic Jack is not really a concern.

My question is do you have one? If so which one? Does it work with the Pre and Pixi? And any thoughts.

FWIW - I bought my mother a Dock-N-Talk to wean her off having a landline (she didn't like the idea of losing all the phones in her home). It worked ok, but was glitchy (sometimes wouldn't answer the calls properly, etc..). It then completely stopped working after about 8 months.
slick5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2010, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm comparing the available items too. The current options I see are:

Xlink BT - supports 3 cell phones
Xlink BTTN - supports 3 cell phones + a land line
Cell2Tel - supports 2 cell phones + land line
GE Bluetooth Cell Fusion Gateway - 2 cell phones

My two main requirements are:

1) pairs and stays paired properly
2) able to dial out normally without any wacky button sequence

#1 is likely a crapshoot as my limited experience with Bluetooth in general is that it can be flaky. My Pre pairs nicely with my Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my car for voice calls but doesn't work at all for any music playing.

Both Xlink boxes and the Cell2tel satisfy #2 according to the manual. They do give options to choose a different phone to dial out from but they default to land line, then cell1, then cell2. You can enter a code to manually override this which is fine. The GE Bluetooth one ALWAYS requires you to dial #1# or #2# to call out which is unacceptable to me even though this costs 1/3 of the others.

I'm going to buy the Xlink BTTN which is about $100 on amazon, I'll report back as to how it works. If it goes well I will be ditching my land line. This one does keep the flexibility to integrate it with some type of VOIP service since you can feed it a phone line so I could possibly set up that if I'm not satisfied with making all outbound calls with a cellphone.
falz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: garyncarol
Old 12/26/2011, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz View Post
I'm comparing the available items too. The current options I see are:

Xlink BT - supports 3 cell phones
Xlink BTTN - supports 3 cell phones + a land line
Cell2Tel - supports 2 cell phones + land line
GE Bluetooth Cell Fusion Gateway - 2 cell phones

My two main requirements are:

1) pairs and stays paired properly
2) able to dial out normally without any wacky button sequence

#1 is likely a crapshoot as my limited experience with Bluetooth in general is that it can be flaky. My Pre pairs nicely with my Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my car for voice calls but doesn't work at all for any music playing.

Both Xlink boxes and the Cell2tel satisfy #2 according to the manual. They do give options to choose a different phone to dial out from but they default to land line, then cell1, then cell2. You can enter a code to manually override this which is fine. The GE Bluetooth one ALWAYS requires you to dial #1# or #2# to call out which is unacceptable to me even though this costs 1/3 of the others.

I'm going to buy the Xlink BTTN which is about $100 on amazon, I'll report back as to how it works. If it goes well I will be ditching my land line. This one does keep the flexibility to integrate it with some type of VOIP service since you can feed it a phone line so I could possibly set up that if I'm not satisfied with making all outbound calls with a cellphone.
I'm where you were July last. What are your conclusions regarding the Xlink BTTN?
garyncarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2011, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyncarol View Post
I'm where you were July last. What are your conclusions regarding the Xlink BTTN?
So are these different or the same as the Panasonic Link-to-cell setup? My Pre 2 works well with the Panasonic and I've also got my TP connected to the second cell registration so that I can take Skype calls.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2013, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

I had an xlink gateway, and didn't like it much. My new panasonic phone with bluetooth works far better. It's the KX-TG series.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0