1.    #1  
    I got a 5 pack of generic protectors on ebay for about $5. They cling for a couple days before the edges start to peel away. Once they do, its just a matter of time before it rips off and creases, which it will never stick well again.

After going through the third one, I ordered Invisible Shield. The install was a little trickier since it has tabs that fold around the edges, but I was proficient by then of clearing all the dust and bubbles, so not too bad. So far, after a day, all the tiny bubbles are cleared up, and there is no sign of lifting.

This is one accessory that pays to spend a little more. (15 for one vs 5 for 5)

If anyone is still thinking about ordering the ebay one...send me a pm with your address, and I'll ship you one of my remaining protectors no charge. You can see for yourself.
    i would be interested i ordered an invisibleshield but ive got to say its a real pain to install i spen close to an hour and couldnt get it smooth never had a problem with the cheap ones thanks
    i would go with phantom skin myself. i had the invisible skin but it was orange peel looking and very hard to get on right. so i got the phantom skin and it was alot easier to put on and much clearer and you get 2 instead of 1, for half the price lol . cant go wrong with that!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    is it available for the front/back of pre im really disappointed with the invisibleshield and dont want to leave my pre bare
    I must agree w/ Shadavis08, no really! go figure huh. lol

phantom skinz are much better and cheaper! I have had to replace my Pre twice and after the I/S pain in the a s s i decided to try Phantom Skinz and I wish I hadnt wasted the money on the I/S

BTW very easy to install!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

6.    #6  
    Yeah, I had some trouble, but after putting on the cheap ones 3 times in 2 weeks, it was not too bad at all.

Have any of you tried the invisible shield warranty? Would they cover a replacement if it gets orange-peely?
    yea but the want you to mail out yours along with 4$ and wait for it to be processed and im deathly afraid to leave my pre bare
    I am on the fence on this. I am on my 2nd (cheap) protector from ebay.

one thing i hated about the invisible shield and the like is the glue-like residue it eventually accumulates thru time. It just takes away from the beauty of the phone. The cheap ones have less of that. ANd i think the cheap ones cause less friction with the Palm Leather belt pouch.
    Bottom line, The Invisible shield works. I definitely feel like my pre is safe from getting scratched. I don't even keep it in a case anymore. Now i might get one just in case i drop it, but it feels like it would take a lot to scratch the screen now. And thats what i bought it for
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    yea but the want you to mail out yours along with 4$ and wait for it to be processed and im deathly afraid to leave my pre bare
    Not if you have it professionally done. The malls here do the installs for you and even to the warranty work onsite
    I got an invisibleshield at bestbuy, they installed it free, after 24 hours it looks great, can't even really tell it is there.

now that being said, I have used my phone for 3 months without a screen protectors, and the touch sensitivity is quite reduced with the invisibleshield, as it was with another sover I tried for a couple days before.

Overall I am happy with the invisibleshield, and will be keeping it on, as I am worried about scratching the screen with a key in my pocket. which happened to my Treo's often even when they had a screen protector.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    This isn't true TMK. My Pre is exposed to everything so the I/S has gotten pretty beat up since I installed it when the phone first came out. I've requested my free replacement and they do what many companies do to R&R equipment; they charge you like you're buying another one and if you don't send your original one back then the charge stays. I think they still charge $4 for shipping but since the process hasn't been completed (still waiting on my new one) I don't know for sure.

Think of it like you are cross-shipping parts. We do it all the time and think nothing of it.