1.    #1  
    Anybody know if the Palm Pre would "effectively" bluetooth with one of the more popular lines of TomTom GPS devices. I have the GO 920T, but it's the same hardware spec as the GO 720, 730, 920, 930 series devices. The feature-set is atad different between them, but essentially, they should be very similar.

I am considering purchasing a Pre. The TomTom site doesn't have it listed, but they also didn't have the Treo 700p (just the 680 and 750) and my 700P works fine. I need to make sure before diving into the Pre, else I'll also need a new NAV. I do a LOT of talking while driving and it's become a deal-breaker.

Thanks!
    hello,

i am successfully using my pre with a tomtom 930. there should be no problems.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Works with my TomTom GO 720.
    My palm pre worked fine with my tomtom go 930 until the latest update which I installed about a week ago. Now my tomtom gives me an error that reads something like: phone doesn't have necessary features. Anyone know anything about this?
    I'm having the same problem. I tried to pair my Palm Pre (WebOS 1.4.1.1) with my TomTom Go 920T (no sure which s/w version) and got the message: phone doesn't have necessary features. This is the first time I tried to pair the two.
    The only thing that works between my Pre and my GO 720 is the hands free... no bluetooth data connection is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimshusband View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I tried to pair my Palm Pre (WebOS 1.4.1.1) with my TomTom Go 920T (no sure which s/w version) and got the message: phone doesn't have necessary features. This is the first time I tried to pair the two.
    I have it working with my Garmin 765t. The sync worked when I told my gps to look for a music device. There is another thread around here that has pages of user experience with different cars and stand-alone gps units.

I am able to dial from my GPS, use it as a speaker phone, etc. My GPS doesn't voice-dial, so I still can't do that with my Pre+. Frankly, when I set up voice dialing on previous phones I found it to be more work than it was worth - but that's just me.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    It can be a bit tricky to get the bluetooth pairing to work between a Tomtom and ANY cell phone. I will be getting my Pre Plus on Sunday, and will have a solid step by step walkthrough ready some time on Monday(May 17th, 2010).
    yep. I use a garmin 765t
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Your solution is to hit the reset button on your Tomtom. When it starts back up, it will properly recognize the capabilities of the Palm Pre.

Update on June 3rd, 12:14pm Eastern Time, USA...

I have discovered that if you turn off Bluetooth on your Tomtom, then turn it back on again, it will resolve the problem.
    Last edited by Targon; 06/03/2010 at 11:13 AM.