Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have a similar problem with these? I took my Palm Pre out of my front pocket, like I normally do, and saw a black piece of plastic fall on the floor. I picked it up and it turns out it was the tab on the upper left corner of the front cover of the Innocase that snaps onto the Pre to keep it in place. Now I have a loose front Innocase cover and am now worried that the other tabs will start snapping off as well. I have a SEidio Screen Guard on that doesn't interfere with the Innocase since it doesn't cover the entire Pre, just the screen.
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
    yes its a known problem but if you contact seidio about it they should replace the case for you as they did with me . they get weak if you remove the back part once in a while . but if you just leave the case on the tabs should hold for quite some time really.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Bummer, was planning on getting one of those covers, but sounds like the only problem people have with those cases?

Wish someone would develop one just as thin and slick free (easier to grip then the pre) where the tabs don't pop off.

How bout one made out of metal for strength and durability...I'd pay extra for that!

Cheaper R&D means more profit...Better will Probably never happen.
    wondering about this myself. I've gone through two innocase's so far because I constantly swap the battery. It's a great case otherwise and seidio is good about replacing them but i'm thinking of looking at rubber cases
    happened to me twice now i am going nude no problems yet
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I got one for Christmas, a combo with the holster, and so far it's holding fine, even after a drop onto concrete from > 4 feet when I bumped the holster and knocked the phone out. My Body Glove case broke a tab after a much smaller drop than that. I exchanged PMs with the Seidio support folks since people here had mentioned a lifetime warranty and their website says only 180 days. He didn't clear up that discrepancy for me, just said that they would stand behind their products, but he did also mention that the tabs were recently redesigned to be more sturdy. I think just the fact that it's thinner and lighter than the Body Glove case has to be less train on the tabs, and keeping it in the holster as opposed to pulling it out of my pocket all the time I'm sure also reduces the strain (not for everyone, I know, but it works for me).

So far I am quite pleased. It looks great, feels great, and survived that large drop without a scratch, and most importantly, protected the phone.

-- robert
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    BTW, for the person that suggested one made of metal. Just a guess, but I imagine getting it on and off the phone would be a major scratching hazard. Unless you had some other attachment method in mind. I think the idea of a case with its own slides is likely to be most durable, like the Sprint case, and you could do that out of metal which would allow it to be less bulky than the Sprint case. It would likely weight more, though (or be really expensive if made from a light but durable alloy). But if my Innocase fails and I get tired of getting free replacements, I might be willing to pay more for a case that will really last. The plastic tabs really are a flawed design not made to last for long even with whatever reinforcement they've supposedly done. I guess time will tell with mine, but like I said, so far I'm happy.

-- robert
    I got the Innocase (extended size for extended battery ) in October and I just had a tab break off the top piece and I never removed it after it was installed. Seidio is sending me a replacement but who knows how long it will last. I really like the case so I hope they have made some design changes.
    I don't remove the case from the Pre, but I've had the tabs break too. I got a replacement front cover, but now the tabs on it have broken off too. It seems as soon as one of the top two tabs crumble, the others will break just a few days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm
    Anyone have a similar problem with these? I took my Palm Pre out of my front pocket, like I normally do, and saw a black piece of plastic fall on the floor. I picked it up and it turns out it was the tab on the upper left corner of the front cover of the Innocase that snaps onto the Pre to keep it in place. Now I have a loose front Innocase cover and am now worried that the other tabs will start snapping off as well. I have a SEidio Screen Guard on that doesn't interfere with the Innocase since it doesn't cover the entire Pre, just the screen.
    Hi jamPalm,

I apologize for what has happened to your case. Please PM us and we will see what we can do for you.

Thanks,

Seidio
    I had the same issue with my Seidio Innocase. One tab from the top piece broke off, and then a couple days later one tab from the bottom piece also broke. This was only after short term normal usage. Its a shame because the case works well otherwise.

I will PM Seidio as well to see if this can be rectified.
    This messages was intended to be a PM to Seidioseidio, but it seems your PM message box is full and cannot accept any new messages. Please PM me a response. Thank you.
    --

Hi Seidio,

I was very happy with my purchase of the Seidio Innocase (from the Precentral.net store) until the tabs that hold the case to the phone body began to snap off one-by-one. The performance of the case otherwise has been very satisfactory. Is it possible that the case I purchased was defective? Is there a way we can rectify this issue as it seems to have occurred only after normal usage?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I got a hard case for my 800w, top left tab broke in a month. I bought a new one, tab broke again in a month.

Bought an innocase for the Pre, made it two months and the bottom right tab broke off the back, another week later and today the top right tab breaks off the front.

I understand it's difficult to make something so small strong.
    I had the same problem with my case. The front case has become loose now within a month of purchase
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Scared the living daylights out of me. Reached into my pocket and felt the something moving around and thought my phone had snapped in half. Turns out it was just the back moving. LOL.
    I like how the case looks and feels but it breaks VERY EASILY. I have just had my fourth case break after about 4 months. I purchased from amazon and seidio has been replacing them but half the time i have the case one of the tabs are broken while waiting for a replacement. I have it in the holster as well and they still break. One time while walking along my holster slips off my pants, the phone then pops out the case upon impact, then the case pops off the phone (both parts). Since then i havent dropped it but the tabs keep breaking. I dont get it, $50 for some flimsy plastic and soft skin glued on. Currently waiting for another replacement and would buy another case if there were any other good ones for the pre.
    sent pm . mine lasted 3 weeks. i love the case/holster but tabs broke
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanblive91 View Post
    I like how the case looks and feels but it breaks VERY EASILY. I have just had my fourth case break after about 4 months. I purchased from amazon and seidio has been replacing them but half the time i have the case one of the tabs are broken while waiting for a replacement. I have it in the holster as well and they still break. One time while walking along my holster slips off my pants, the phone then pops out the case upon impact, then the case pops off the phone (both parts). Since then i havent dropped it but the tabs keep breaking. I dont get it, $50 for some flimsy plastic and soft skin glued on. Currently waiting for another replacement and would buy another case if there were any other good ones for the pre.
    Sounds like you need the sprint hardcase. Its bigger but is SUPER solid, no oreo effect due to rail design.

I really like mine, sold my innocase after having the sprint case for only a few days
    I had the exact problem. First Seidio Innocase lasted about 45 days before all the tabs on the front piece broke (and hrminer92, you are totally correct - once one breaks, the others do too). Seidio graciously sent me another case and that one lasted about 60 days - the front piece still has two tabs on (luckily diagonal from one another) and the back has one. Seidio, any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by prediot
    I had the exact problem. First Seidio Innocase lasted about 45 days before all the tabs on the front piece broke (and hrminer92, you are totally correct - once one breaks, the others do too). Seidio graciously sent me another case and that one lasted about 60 days - the front piece still has two tabs on (luckily diagonal from one another) and the back has one. Seidio, any help?
    Hi prediot,

We apologize about the tabs breaking on the Innocase. We have since had a new batch come in and the tabs are stronger this time.

Please PM us and we will see what we are able to do for you.

Regards,

Seidio
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast