Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beegdawg View Post
    I have been very, very impressed by seidioseidio responses.
    Wouldn't you rather be very, very impressed by a quality product? The best customer service is the one you never need.

Quote Originally Posted by beegdawg View Post
    So I am going to get it.
    Good luck with that! Make sure to let us know if yours makes it past the 2 month mark!
  2.    #82  
    I am amazed that the thread I started is still around and at the top of the forum (rather worrisome)....

Seidio replaced the original cover the first time a tab broke off. They were really on top of things and the turnaround was amazing. IT made me believe that I found the right company for my Pre accessories. Sadly another tab broke off from the replacement cover, a few days ago, that's roughly two and half months of normal everyday use. I've never dropped the Pre, I use it to make phone calls, send text messages, check email, play games while commuting on BART to work. This time the lower left tab of the front cover snapped off when I slid the keyboard open to type a quick email. I filled out an RMA but I don't know if warranty is still covered (last time I received a ticket number quickly, this time around, I am still waiting).

It's frustrating because I really like this case, the texture of the case is what I want from my smartphone covers, it provides the protection I want, and Seidio seems like a really great company when it comes to what matters most, customer service. I'm at a lost at what to do, I like the case, but don't want to have to go through this every 2 months or so (or pay $30 every two months or so for a new one).... *sigh*
    PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Visor Prism --> Palm 505 --> Treo 650 ---> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have this the case and holster as well as the 1350 battery. Have not had any problems with tabs. I take change batteries every now and then just to make sure the stock battery gets good conditioning( ok heavy playing of NFSPD and Avatar and now Sandstorm). Sucks having to take off 2 back covers to change a battery, but a small price to pay for non-stop WebOS goodness.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    even after first one broke,i still told people this was a great case. Yesterday when my second one broke,,same tab as first one,i must now tell people when they ask to not even bother.
    Same story. First one broke , got a second and it broke. Decided to try again and the Tab broke. Sticking with the Sprint Case.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This case is cheap over priced crap. I keep getting it replaced and the tabs keep breaking! One of the tabs just broke on my today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamPalm View Post
    Anyone have a similar problem with these?
    Yes. I used mine for a month and a half before the top piece literally lost all its tabs. I never took it off, just inserted it and removed it from coat and hip pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    Not only that, but Seidio wants me to ship back the broken case? LOL
    I got the same response, and replied (I applied for a replacement twice) that it was completely inappropriate, and that if they wanted the case back for product improvement research or whatever they were free to send a return shipping label and I would be happy to dispose of my worthless, broken Sapphire Blue Seidio case by sending it back to them rather than sending it to the landfill. I received no reply to that e-mail, which I sent as requested to "rma@seidioonline.com" with the requested info ("RMA #: WSRMA-166124") as the subject line.

Given the premium price they charge, it's hardly unreasonable to expect premium customer service. Or at least communication with their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    If it is a replacement, the standard procedure would be the send the defective production back by filling out and RMA Form, once we verified it, we would send you a replacement.
    Given that the fragile tabs are a known issue, that's just not appropriate. That approach leaves our phones totally devoid of the protection we purchased for a time, and unnecessarily delays our replacements.

An alternate policy that would be reasonable is sending out a new case with a return shipping label for the old one. It would also be appropriate, if your experience is that people won't return their old cases once a replacement is delivered, to require a deposit equal to the replacement value, so long as it's promptly refunded IN FULL (no bogus S&H charges taken out of it) once the old case is returned.

The reason, as I saw it, for buying a Seidio case over a cheap, disposable eBay one is the reputation Seidio has for customer service. I've been sorely disappointed with the service I've received thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Wouldn't you rather be very, very impressed by a quality product? The best customer service is the one you never need.
    The Seidio case does have some nice features. It feels quite nice in the hand. Better than a hard plastic or silicone one. The color choices are attractive. And the Pre was the first major slider, so they didn't necessarily have a chance to do long-term testing. So I don't fault them for the engineering flaws of this case. What I do fault them for is their poor response thus far to me about my broken case. Especially since in this thread they've acknowledged that the design was flawed and has been improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    The Seidio case does have some nice features. It feels quite nice in the hand. Better than a hard plastic or silicone one. The color choices are attractive. And the Pre was the first major slider, so they didn't necessarily have a chance to do long-term testing. So I don't fault them for the engineering flaws of this case.
    I disagree. I bought the same type of case from them for my Treo 800w, which is not a slider phone. The first case lasted maybe 2 months. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement. The replacement lasted less than 2 months. Same issue for both - BROKEN TABS.

I cut my losses at that point and moved on. While the case was nice, paying almost $30 for something that lasts 2 months is a complete ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
    Especially since in this thread they've acknowledged that the design was flawed and has been improved.
    Seidio used the same "we have a new improved batch" for the Treo 800w. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now. Read the posts where people say that the tabs of their "new and improved case" also broke.

When the case came out for the Pre, I thought "I wonder how long before we see broken tabs?" Sure enough, read this forum.

So, my point is, these cases have a long history of broken tabs, non slider and slider alike. They can't hide behind the "no long term testing" excuse.

Maybe it's impossible to make a case this thin without problems. Instead of acknowledging that, they continue to churn out flimsy, poor quality cases and charge an outrageous amount for them.

People need to vote with their wallet, don't buy this case and don't recommend it. Spend your money elsewhere.
    Got a replacement case less than 2 weeks ago. Already one of the tabs for the front piece have broken off. I will say that the back piece still seems pretty secure, but under 2 weeks is a new record for a tab breaking off. Especially since this is from the "new and improved" batch!
    So, I have a question for Seidio:
    Why, when you have an obvious deficiency in the design of the innocase, do you insist on wasting people's time with RMA garbage? If I have to package the broken pieces of plastic, print out labels, pack and seal, get to a post office or UPS/Fedex place, stand in line... It costs me more in terms of lost income than it does to buy something else. Heck, I pay insurance on my phone - if it dies, I'd rather spend my time rebuilding the apps on a "new" phone than send you back your broken pieces of... well...

You (Seidio) must have so many of these broken-tabbed corpses lying around, why the heck do you want them RMA'd. Stop wasting our time. Refund the money, or send a year's supply of cases!

Sincerely

russ
    It's a mystery why they continue to sell this case, which so clearly suffers from a design defect.

Fortunately, both times I asked for a replacement, they didn't ask me to send the broken case back.
    Seidio graciously sent me their redesigned case, which has a slot near the top for easier removal. However, this case is not any sturdier than the last design, and in fact the front top-left tab just broke, only a few days after I started using it. I never dropped the Pre or removed the Innocase. The breakage is only from normal use, putting the Pre in my pocket and removing it as usual. So, unfortunately I still can't recommend this case.
    2 cases broke as I peviously stated. 2 weeks ago I got my extended back modified ( as per the other thread) so finally using the extended case from Seidio and 2 weeks the Tab broke. I put on the front frm my third regular case and 2 days later the tab broke. I just cant believe how much money i wasted. I am so done with there cases. Love there other stuff. but every $2 case I have from Ebay has no issues and tabs are fine. Makes me think that the process of the tabs has a weak spot. they break off with no impact to them. Its not the material. if the tab is not the perfect angle etc it will break easy due to pressure. they need to re-evalate there proccess. Also they should give refunds to people. I purchased 4 cases already ( 2 from Seidio and 2 of there on the secondary market). wasted alot of money. And I have no interest in a new case again. at $30 a case thats $120 wasted. This is the type of product that gets a class action lawsuit. its defective. Its irratating as there cases are totally the nicest looking , feel great and fit perfect. but usless without the tabs.
    My tabs on my case broke about a month ago and all this mess about sending the old one back has me wondering if it is evem worth it or if I should just call it a loss.

I really like the case when it was on too...hopefully Seidio's customer service won't dissapoint me if I indeed do get a replacement!
    Horrible customer service with Seidio! I ordered an innocase and they have been good about replacing it until now. I ordered my first one about 7 months ago and I have had nothing but problems with the tabs. I have had them replace just the front cover 3 different times, and when this broke for the 4th time I called and emailed them and explained that this was the 4th time this has happend. They went of the original date of purchase and said sorry there was nothing they could do even though this is not the ORIGINAL one. I have bought 2 holders from them, an innocase, and 2 screen protectors. I guess they are not as good at CS as everyone thinks.
    It has been a little over 2 weeks since I received my 3rd case replacement (the new and improved version) and one tab has already broken off. I sent them an email but it's been about 6 days and they haven't responded. After I get my next replacement, if that case's tabs break I'm switching to this case. http://www.agfindings.com/products/p...s-grt-case-kit.
    Why wait? You know the next replacement will break too.
    Don't get it. Looks nice at first but honestly it's crap. The tab on the face cover weakened in just a little over 2 hours of normal use. In other words, I put it on before work and while I was at my desk I looked over and it had simply let go. Haven't received my return label yet and it's been two weeks.

Try the AGF GRT case. I really dig mine.
    Wow, where was this thread when i bought my POS seidio case. This case blows. Tabs lasted not even 1 week.
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    Wow, where was this thread when i bought my POS seidio case. This case blows. Tabs lasted not even 1 week.
    Customer service is great though. I'm going to get my 4th free replacement soon.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast