Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    When I put my Pre on the Touchstone the charging battery notification comes up with the bing bong sound. It goes away, then comes up again, and again, and again. I can't get it to stop unless I take the Pre off the Touchstone. What's up?
    Some users are reporting that the once the device gets to around 80% full that this issue occurs.

We have seen most of these issues come up because of the back and the device not lining up properly, be sure you are lining the palm wording on the touchstone back to the palm wording on the touchstone itself to get a good connection.

If the issue still occurs I would like to capture a log file from the device to get to Palm engineering so we can make sure we fully understand the issue, this issue does seem rare and is somewhat hard to reproduce as it only affects a small population of people.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Mine seems to be at around 100%... it come up and up and up again throughout the whole night, then sometimes, I get it right and its silent.
    it happens to me when it's at 100. But once I realign the phone on the ts it stops.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Try restarting it while on the TS. It may buy you more time without the dinging.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I think we will see a directv app before we see a uverse one.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Try restarting it while on the TS. It may buy you more time without the dinging.
    lmao, but I was unsjre about gettin a touchstone because of issues. I finally gave in to convienance & the much nicer back cover yesterday. So far no issues and I do make sure it aligns so that might be it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Got my Pre back from repair yesterday, and tried out the touchstone I had received as a gift while it was away - and it has this problem too.... The position of the Pre on the touchstone seems to have an effect, as in, if I keep adjusting it slightly, it will eventually stop - but it's by no means guaranteed to stay working. It had stopped making the noise / popping up the charging message last night, but then started again at 3 in the morning and woke me up. Not impressed.

My patience with Palm is running very thin. I've never had any problems with any phone before. While I love the Pre, and would hate to have to get an iPhone or a Nexus, it's basically an unreliable piece of kit, and I couldn't recommend it to anybody. . . :/
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I had the same issue then found the "Disable Charging Alert Sound" patch which has now become one of my favorite patches.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    You need to put a tiny piece of folded paper (2-3 times) inside the case. I have mine jammed in the top of the battery and folded over flat between the battery and the case.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    I had the same issue then found the "Disable Charging Alert Sound" patch which has now become one of my favorite patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    You need to put a tiny piece of folded paper (2-3 times) inside the case. I have mine jammed in the top of the battery and folded over flat between the battery and the case.
    I just hate the level of MacGyver-ness required to get this phone to work in the most basic way.

It's not just the sound that's annoying (I've turned the sound off for now) - when it's on the Touchstone in front me (here as I type) it keeps lighting up to tell me it is charging every 30 seconds or so, which is distracting and annoying. I could put a hat over it, which would solve the problem, but that's not really the point. I'm tired of these dumb workarounds. I shouldn't need to stuff paper in the phone, or between the phone and the charger. Is it too much to expect brand new items to work as advertised?

Sorry, [/rant]

Aside- is it possible to set the Pre so that when it's on the dock the screen lock doesn't come on?
    I don't think I had this touchstone charging issue with my first Pre and first touchstone that I got last June. I have a refurb now and the touchstone is new. I had the disable charging patch on but I removed just so I can here the sound. Sometimes when I'm sleeping I wake up and notice my room is lit up since my Pre's backlight goes on. This makes me not want to charge my phone over night. It happens when the battery is at 100%. Here is a video of the issue and once it starts happening it does it every minute.

While aligning it perfectly may solve the problem temporarily, it's more likely a bad Touchstone. I have 3 of them, one at home, work, and in the car. This happened on my one at home only, had it replaced, hasn't happened since.
    that's what I was thinking..^ I don't think it's been 30 days since I bought my touchstone but I might try and swap it out today.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I dont know if this helps but i posted this in another thread earlier;

I began having issues last night, I've had two TS since launch in the UK mid October. I've always suffered from the 100% charge issue - it really annoyed my wife when the phone came out of sleep during the night.

But last night at home, the TS wouldnt work at all. I placed it on the charger as usual and it would connect, disconnect, connect over and over again. I had a copy innocase on the phone so I took that off and it was fine. Got to work this AM and the same thing again, but with no case.

So I just popped to o2, and tried it on their 3 display TS's. Once of them would do the repeating trick, the other two were fine. So we grabbed a new TS from stock and that did it also...very odd. So we replaced the back and it now works just fine. I'm at 100% battery and its been on the TS for about an hour - so looking good so far - its not even coming out of sleep!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    It seems to me that this technology just isn't quite there. I have two Touchstones, one at home, one in work and the one in home works perfectly. The one in work has the "Charging Battery" problem and I've replaced it once already. I can't be bothered to take the TS back again (and I shouldn't have to).

Andrew
    I got my Touchstone replaced today. So far so good but will see in a few days. I like to put my Pre on the Touchstone when the display is off because it seems to work better that way. Also I slide the phone down til it kinda locks in place. The back lighting never turns on.
    We purchased TS chargers with our launch day pre's and now I even have one in my car, 7 months later, 4 TS chargers, no issues.
    I love it, but it wakes me up at night
    I've returned 3 touchstones! I have one that works and hopefully another if the latest return results in a keeper. The problem described goes away if you place a sheet of paper folded twice on the touchstone between the pre and touchstone.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast