Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Disclaimer: I own a Verizon Pre Plus - can't say whether a Sprint Pre with the TS back will respond the same way.

When I first started using the TS in my bedroom, the repeating charge bonging would wake me up (or, rather, my wife, who would then make sure that I was awake, too), usually about 2 AM. Not good.

Acting on advice I'd seen elsewhere, I put a business card between the Pre and the TS. This seems to solve the charge on-off problem, but didn't deal with notification alerts. (FYI, I briefly used a Seidio Innocase, which allowed TS charging but did not require the business card fix.)

I "solved" the notification alerts problem by turning the ringer switch off at night. I still had the problem with the display occasionally getting bright (why, I don't know), so I put my microfiber case on top of the screen at night, too. If I want to check the time at night, I just move the case (the TS is on my nightstand, within easy reach).

In case you're wondering, I do use the alarm in the Palm Clock app--there's a prefs option to "Play alarm anyway" even with the ringer switch off.

Anyway, this has worked well for me for several months now.
    Bought a second hand Touchstone charger on eBay and I'm having this problem. It doesn't matter if the phone is 100% charged or 5% charged, the Charging Battery notification rapidly keeps re-appearing and disappearing. I'm really disappointed.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I just got my first touchstone and this is happening to me as well, I swear if I had the money I'm dumping ths pre right now...too damn buggy.
    You have to make sure it is on the touchstone securely. I have three touchstones and the only time I get this is when it is not on the touchstone all the way.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    nope, doesn't work. Charges off and on, can't get a stable charge, brand new touchstone from radioshack and used cover from amazon.

you see why other companies just win? It's about a product quality at times over glitter.

I will pick up a new touchstone and see if that's the issue.
    There is also a patch that will disable the charging alert sound in Preware.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I just got a new Pre and had this problem.. However, I figure out that the problem wasn't with the Pre or the touchstone, but with the Touchstone BACK of the Pre. I had 2 phones, one with a problem and one without...when I swapped the back of the phones, the problem now occurred with the other phone (ie the back was the problem, not the TS).

hope this helps others!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    My touchstone is now working properly. I just left it on the charger and began to work fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    if it isn't the touchstone's fault, you can always blame the back cover, they can be the culprits too.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    One of two TSs that I own have the problem. So far, the paper on top of the battery hasn't fixed it. I'll try the paperclip and business card solutions. Thank god for those patches, especially the sound alert one and the Mode Switcher that can configured to allow the screen to go black almost instantly.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have this same issue and have stopped using the touchstone. I will try some of the suggestions.
    I ordered two touchstones off of amazon. One did the constant bonging at 100% charge, and could be fixed with a piece of paper between the back of the Pre2 and the touchstone.

The other works flawlessly.

...maybe i can stick a thin layer of clear plastic over the bad touchstone to make it stop doing that, and not ruin the look of the thing. Worth a try i guess.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    And when i say a piece of paper... even just a tiny scrap of paper from an exercise book will do it - super thin stuff. Its not even as big as the touchstone is, just a little scrap about an inch square, placed between the touchstone and the back of the phone.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I just started having TS problems. Two different phones, two different covers, but the same battery... I find when I hold the phones down on the TS they work, so I'm guessing it has to do with the battery and the back cover not making contact. I'm going to try a different battery and see if that works.
    I bought a touchstone from the Precentral.net store and had this notification issue with my Pre Plus.

I contacted Palm who said it is usually a touchstone flaw. I got the precentral store to take it back and replace it.

By the time a replaced model came back, I had a totally new phone, this time a Pre 2, and the issue is still occuring. Am I really that unlucky to get two dodgy docks (or two dodgy pre back covers??)

What should I do? I bought the touchstone to just drop my palm phone onto a inductive dock, not to spend 5 minutes each time making sure the Pre is perfectly positioned and has a scrap piece of paper between it and the touchstone!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I have this issue too. It starts at about 90%. Before that point, the charging process is flawless (and yes, it sits correctly on the Touchstone). This ding-dong-sound and screen-on-off appear approximately every 4-5 seconds when the charge-level exceeds the 90% mark. And it won't stop regardless of what position I put it into...

@HardBeatZ: How can I retrieve a log from my Palm to send it to the engineers?
    I have 2 Touchstones. 1 works perfectly, the other does the commonly-reported "repeating chime when fully charged" problem. I "fixed" it with a triple-layer of post-it notes.
    I'm having a related problem, and only saw this thread: Some times the charging indicator (little yellow spark over battery icon) is still there when NOT charging. Is there anything wrong?
    i purchased 3 touchstones -- one had this problem -- i took it back to the verizon store and they replaced it -- wala no mor issues - if you can't or won't take it back there is a patch in preware that might help
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Thanks mespiff, that was fast! But my problem happens with cable charging. What's that patch in PreWare you mention?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast