Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just received an HP iPaq 4150 PDA, and I wanted to see if it could do anything via bluetooth with my Pre (updated to 1.3.5). After I turned on bluetooth on my Pre, I went into the Bluetooth Manager on the iPaq. It saw my Pre with a ": NAP" after the name, which means Network Access Point. I connected to my Pre, entered the PIN on both my Pre, and the iPaq and I connected to the internet. Afterwards, I could browse using Internet Explorer Mobile on my iPaq. I don't have a laptop, or a bluetooth usb dongle, so I couldn't test this using a computer, but if it works on my iPaq I assume it would work using a laptop with bluetooth.
  2.    #2  
    Also, I removed all patches from my Pre prior to updating, and I haven't installed any again yet, so this is not the result of some patch.
    I tried it on my Eee pc. It only works if I have wifi turned on my Pre. With the wifi turned off on my Pre, I get Auth Error. You must have wifi on.
    Is this OFFICIAL bluetooth tethering??
  5.    #5  
    Oh, yeah I did have wifi turned on on my pre, I didn't think about that. Was this functionality there previously (prior to 1.3.5)?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Is this OFFICIAL bluetooth tethering??
    Your not going to get official tethering because Sprint doesn't support tethering on everything plans which is required for the Pre. One of the carriers in the great white north may but considering the user base I doubt they would go to the trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_POWERS View Post
    I tried it on my Eee pc. It only works if I have wifi turned on my Pre. With the wifi turned off on my Pre, I get Auth Error. You must have wifi on.

I hvea Pixi...and my bluetooth tethering WAS working perfectly until I updated to 1.3.5.. Now all I get is the "Auth Error" message. how do I get around this? I have been on the mytether donor forum and the only answer I get is to disconnect and re connect the bluetooth......but that is NOT fixing the issue.

I have a Mac so the only option I have is bluetooth tethering.....unless there is a router out there I can connect to via USB and make a WiFI signal that way (that my PS3 could connect to aswell)
    Hi, can someone tell me where to enter the code on the Pre for BT pairing with a PC? My PC can see the Pre and issued a 6-digit PIN for me to enter on the Pre, but the Pre doesn't seem to want to recognize anything other than "audio devices."
    Quote Originally Posted by ed48104 View Post
    Hi, can someone tell me where to enter the code on the Pre for BT pairing with a PC? My PC can see the Pre and issued a 6-digit PIN for me to enter on the Pre, but the Pre doesn't seem to want to recognize anything other than "audio devices."
    On the Pre, you just want the Bluetooth preferences screen open. Don't press the "Add device" on the Pre, but rather initiate pairing from the PC, and a screen will pop up on your Pre with a field to enter the code. (Memory a little foggy, as I've been paired up, and haven't had to do this for a while now.)

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    On the Pre, you just want the Bluetooth preferences screen open. Don't press the "Add device" on the Pre, but rather initiate pairing from the PC, and a screen will pop up on your Pre with a field to enter the code. (Memory a little foggy, as I've been paired up, and haven't had to do this for a while now.)

Regards,
    Tom
    Thanks Tom! This advice was right on!!!
    So are you guys getting tethering to Sprint's network? Because I can only get tethering to work with wifi.
    hit up that thanks button
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Thanks Tom! This advice was right on!!!
    Hmmm...I think there must be something else going on with my Pre. Does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm not getting a popup screen to enter the PIN to pair with my PC? Does it have anything to do with my data plan, or any patches that I may have installed (currently running WebOS 1.3.5)?

I really need to get the BT working, and am hopeful that there must be some simple answer since others are able to do it...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post

Regards,
    Tom
    So, I'm paired - thanks, Tom. That said, can I do file transfers over Bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Neat. I have been wanting to tether my TomTom using BT for traffic/weather/alerts updates. Used to do it on my older phones...
    I Doctored to 1.3.5, after deleting the Palm backup, so I'm running completely "out of box" at the moment. I can confirm that 1.3.5 did not add data transfer via BT to a PC (regardless of Wi-Fi state).
    Are you guys using My Tether for tethering, or is there a free version?
    where is the thether apps can some 1 tell me please
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitosbase View Post
    where is the thether apps can some 1 tell me please
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Get ready for some work...but it does work. Just takes time and patience.
    So is the OP saying that tethering (w/o any app, patch, etc) is working on 1.3.5? If correct, all you have to do is open up the bluetooth main app (but dont click on "add device") and then open up the laptop/netbook bluetooth manager and pair the Pre with the laptop, etc.

Another question is what pin are they entering??? The pin that is entered/if entered on the laptop/netbook?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    mine has tethered since i got it.. i dont know what the commotion is all about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast