1.    #1  
    I just exchanged my pre for a new one, and when I charge it on the touchstone I hear a very faint but annoying "buzz" coming from the phone. If I reposition the phone the noise changes but doesn't go away ... I don't think my old phone made the noise.

Does anyone else experience this, and how can you fix it? I wonder if it's issue with the phone or with the touchstone...
  2.    #2  
    Anyone else experience this?
    Mine definitely does it if the phone is about 1cm from the stand. I cannot hear anything while its docked and charging.

I've seen it mentioned on here a few times, so hopefully, it;s nothing to worry about.
    Mine was buzzing very faintly. I pulled the battery today on the advice of a Sprint tech support person, to see if that would fix the battery overheating issue (otherwise gotta go to a service store to exchange that & my touchstone, which means, at a minimum, removing my theme. My tech buddy told me not to worry about homebrew applications so much, but they would see the theme and tell me I had voided my warranty). It seems to have helped some, and I just checked the buzzing after reading this and it's no longer buzzing. Weird.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyZR1 View Post
    I just exchanged my pre for a new one, and when I charge it on the touchstone I hear a very faint but annoying "buzz" coming from the phone. If I reposition the phone the noise changes but doesn't go away ... I don't think my old phone made the noise.

Does anyone else experience this, and how can you fix it? I wonder if it's issue with the phone or with the touchstone...
    im assuming the sound is similar to those magnets you throw together and when they make contact they buzz
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I pulled the touchstone back cover off the phone and held it up to the touchstone and it still made the buzzing noise which means it's an issue with the touchstone cover and not the phone. I exchanged the touchstone cover for another one and the buzzing is gone!
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I get the same noise. At first I thought it was the magnets playing music on the pre's speakers. I have 2 docking stations and both do it, however the one at my office is louder than the one at home.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    There is a bigger thread on this somewhere. I have the same problems and most of the time I wake up in the middle of the night and take my phone off the charger. The thing is garbage

I tried searching for the thread but couldnt find it. Basically from what I can remember on it, it described the problem as a voltage issue. Either too low or two high and the thing will make a ear piercing noise.
    I think I would just return it. Sprint should take it back and give ya a new one. Also I think I saw a patch or something on Preware about this as well.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!