Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have an Ipod connection in my car for my Ipod nano. However, I don't have an auxiliary jack. Is there any kind of cable available that will allow me to connect my Pre to the Ipod connection so that I can stream music (e.g. Pandora) from my Pre over the car radio? Thanks in advance!

    Steve
  2. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #2  
    Steve,

    I used an A2DP bluetooth iPod adapter and streamed via bluetooth. There is a thread on it here.
  3. #3  
    Is it truly just an iPod connection or perhaps USB or something else? What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?

    Quote Originally Posted by sseiple View Post
    I have an Ipod connection in my car for my Ipod nano. However, I don't have an auxiliary jack. Is there any kind of cable available that will allow me to connect my Pre to the Ipod connection so that I can stream music (e.g. Pandora) from my Pre over the car radio? Thanks in advance!

    Steve
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Is it truly just an iPod connection or perhaps USB or something else? What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
    I have a 2004 Toyota Highlander. I added an ipod adapter, which provides a connector for the ipod nano. There is no USB port or auxiliary input. Thanks!

    Steve
  5. #5  
    have a link for the ipod adaptor so we can see how it hooks up etc?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Steve,

    I used an A2DP bluetooth iPod adapter and streamed via bluetooth. There is a thread on it here.
    I tried this in a 2008 Volkswagon GTI but the connection was intermittent.

    http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-a...-32465591.html

    The above is, I believe BT 2.0 so you might try the following 2.1 device if you can find it for sale in the US.

    Bluetribe's new Bluetooth 2.1 audio receiver for iPod speaker docks -- Engadget
  7. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #7  
    This is the one I have and it works perfectly. The only trouble is that you have to manually switch to your headset to answer or make calls. So I've now switched to the Jabra Cruiser with an FM transmitter. The adapter had better sound but the Jabra is more practical.

    Amazon.com: Insignia NS-BT300F Bluetooth iPod Speaker Adapter: Electronics

Posting Permissions