webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Replacing fuse on Palm car charger?
Replacing fuse on Palm car charger?

Old 12/30/2009, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've been messing around with hardwiring a Palm-branded Pre car charger into my car, and it looks as though the fuse has blown, somehow.

Does anyone know how to replace the fuse without destroying this thing? The tip does not simply unscrew, like with many other car chargers, and I can't find a way to take it apart without completely destroying the casing. I guess that isn't the end of the world, but I wanted to be able to remove this and use it in other applications if I wanted.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
destroebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2011, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

I blew my palm chargers about 2 weeks ago when I accidently reverse the polarity on my extra deep cycle battery. (long story)

I tore it apart one of the chargers and was careful so I could put it back together.

The bad new is that there is no fuse! Kind of a rip off considering how much we spend on the name brand chargers and I have two!
doctorjx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2011, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

It depends on whether or not it was made to be taken apart. However, you may be better off just taking it back. If you have VZW they will warranty it for a year.
robertpjacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2011, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

However, many corporate stores will replace it even past that point if you can show it is defective.
robertpjacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2011, 04:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Probably has a pico fuse soldered to a circuit board on the internal bits. Unless you know what you're looking for and you know how to solder...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0