Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just bought myself the touchstone bas kit for my new pre and im loving it. And i am loving more that they sold it for 41.99 with 10% off also. So if anyone looking for one i suggest go there
    Sho enouf'

Palm - Pre Touchstone Charging Dock - Black - 3456WW

Funny thing is TS by itself is still 49.99.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Wow. Thanks for this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yes, thanks. I just picked up two touchstones on the way home from the Sprint store (with my new pre). One for home, one for the car. They also have the standard palm branded pre home charger on sale for $11 at BB.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apisto View Post
    They also have the standard palm branded pre home charger on sale for $11 at BB.
    I didn't actually open this until after my last post. It is not the standard one that is pictured on the box (like the one that came with the phone). It is like a rubber donut with the plug built into the middle and an opening around the outer circumference for the cord to wind around.
    Amazon has the Touchstone by itself for $34.65 and the kit for $45.98.
    thanks for this post. Just got one for $40 at BB. I had been using the extended battery and didnt have a need but after the latest update I went back to the regular battery and its lasting all day now so I only use the extended battery when I will be using the PRE the whole day and no charger in site for the day. Its not a nessesity or must have and I could live without it but its a cool thing .

By the way is there any way to NOT have the time and alerts showing when the PRE is on the TS.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/03/2010 at 10:57 AM.
    A little cheaper and no tax at treo-gear.com. $29.95 + $5.95 shipping.

https://www.treo-gear.com/store/prod...arging-Kit.htm

There is also a $10 off $60 coupon code 2010. Check out the clearance section for a couple $0.99 items (fillers) if you are ordering 2.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apisto View Post
    I didn't actually open this until after my last post. It is not the standard one that is pictured on the box (like the one that came with the phone). It is like a rubber donut with the plug built into the middle and an opening around the outer circumference for the cord to wind around.
    Well, it's not really "built in" -- the "donut" slides right off and what's left looks more or less like the one the Pre came with. But it must be a bit smaller, because I brought the "donut" into work (don't need it at home since I put that charger into a charging valet) and just compared it to the charger that came with the Pre, and some of the charger would stick out either end, but I don't think that was true when I took the new one out of it.

At $12 it was a great deal, fits into the valet better than the Belkin I had been using, and charges faster to boot. I still really don't see the attraction of the Touchstone, myself, but at least the price is more reasonable now -- before it was clearly a "cool tax"...

-- robert
    Radio Shack is selling the Touchstone kit for the Pre for $39.99
    Price has gone down a bit these days!

However, I have found that the independent sprint stores (not corp owned) have the best ability to go down on price.

I went into one and said, do you honor sprint premier discounts on touchstone line the corp stores? answer was no, it is $99, but for you I will sell it for $49....I was like WHAT?! you just said you don't give a 25% discount so you give me a 50%? I did not say that out loud of course, but I walked out pleased that day.