Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have been through the Motorola H15 headset. A good one! And now I havethe Blueant Q1. Cool headset!!

I want to know how to set-up the Pre to stream music through the bluetooth Head set. (Blueant Q1)

I went back to the store I bought the H15 from and they said the Pre may not be able to stream music through mono bluetooths. I know that a blue tooth device has to use A2DP software. Is the Pre set-up for this software as well? Do I have to do aythiinspecial to the Pre?
    Yes, the pre uses A2DP without a problem. I stream to my car's head unit this way every day.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Those headsets may not support streaming audio. I stream audio frequently both in my car and to a set of bluetooth stereo headphones.
    to Plantronics stereo headphones.
    According to the Blueant web site there's a new firmware update for the Q1 that supports A2DP, so yes, you could stream music to it from your Pre (after that update has been installed on the Blueant).
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I see ooneyus giving thanks to all the feedback. However, I'm curious did the update work?

TIA
    The Pre when connected to the BlueAnt Q1 (running update 8.19P) definitely streams a2dp.
    It doesn't stream music when I connect to my Bluetooth (MadCatz 8860). It just plays through the speaker. Quite annoying actually.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    It does work indeed! I give thanx to all. My problem was i did not download 8.19P. I downloaded 8.19 only. Also there is a set of aditional instructions for this onthe website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    It doesn't stream music when I connect to my Bluetooth (MadCatz 8860). It just plays through the speaker. Quite annoying actually.
    What Bluetooth profiles does the Madcatz 8860 support? If it's only the headset or handsfree kit profiles then it won't support music from the Pre, these use low quality / low bandwidth mono codecs and state machines associated with phone calls. It has to support the A2DP profile which uses high quality / high bandwidth stereo codecs and a state machine that allows for continuous streaming. Very few mono headsets support this (good on Blueant for putting it in the Q1!)
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    What Bluetooth profiles does the Madcatz 8860 support? If it's only the headset or handsfree kit profiles then it won't support music from the Pre, these use low quality / low bandwidth mono codecs and state machines associated with phone calls. It has to support the A2DP profile which uses high quality / high bandwidth stereo codecs and a state machine that allows for continuous streaming. Very few mono headsets support this (good on Blueant for putting it in the Q1!)
    Interesting. My Jabra mono earpiece just worked, so I figured it worked with all of them.
    so how does it work? i mean what are the steps?
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    so how does it work? i mean what are the steps?
    All I did was pair the device, and any time I open music player while it is connected, music goes to the earpiece.
    My new Jabra Extreme does it fine been using it for a few days and it works great!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post

my motorola h500 pairs great, sounds great......but no music in earpiece total bummer.
    I'm using the jawbone bluetooth earpiece, (just got it) anyone know if it supports this?
    I've recently bought a nice Nokia BH-505, and have found that not every music player is able to stream audio via bluetooth. I thought the phone itself did, but for example, "FFPlayer" plays through the back speaker, while the stock Music app does play through the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've recently bought a nice Nokia BH-505...
    ...and I'll return them as soon as I can: If only I knew beforehand that this headset is defective by design I wouldn't have spent 35 euro! The problems with this headset are worldwide known, even Google's search sugestions show them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggs View Post
    I'm using the jawbone bluetooth earpiece, (just got it) anyone know if it supports this?
    You don't specify which Jawbone. I use the Jawbone Prime and it definitely does not support A2DP - only HFP. It's great for calls but you can't use it for music too.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggs View Post
    The Jawbone Icon does as well as the new Jawbone Era which boasts HD sound.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast