1.    #1  
    I'm moving to a Pre after 3 years with my Treo 700p. I've used an Otterbox case for years, and totally love it. I don't see anything for the Pre, but the 1900 case is a generic pda case. Anybody used one with their Pre? At least this would allow screen access. The interior dimensions seem big for the Pre, not sure if it will be rattling around inside.
    TIA
    Otterbox has posted in facebook that they are working on a case for the Pre. They are going to announce a new case series at CES on January 7th. Could be a series for slider type phones.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
  3.    #3  
    Otterbox is coming out with a model for the Pre, but it doesn't even cover the screen.

I like the 1900, it's waterproof, and with an available mount I could mount it on my mountain bike handlebars.

1900 Series PDA Case // OtterBox.com

Anybody used one before?

I'm curious if the touchscreen will work through the membrane
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    [url= pre otterbox - a set on Flickr[/url]
    Yeah, I had seen that, I was kinda looking for something I could at least use the touchscreen & see the screen with. It'd be nice to replace my non-backlit cyclometer with an app on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Otterbox is coming out with a model for the Pre, but it doesn't even cover the screen.

I like the 1900, it's waterproof, and with an available mount I could mount it on my mountain bike handlebars.

[url= Series PDA Case // OtterBox.com[/url]

Anybody used one before?

I'm curious if the touchscreen will work through the membrane
    Yes Otterbox mentioned it having a screen cover and I'm not sure what it will be made from or how it will be assembled. I guess we'll know soon enough...Hopefully sooner then later.
  6.    #7  
    I found one inexpensive enough on ebay and figured I'd give it a try. I wil post pics later, but the Pre does respond through the membrane. Still trying to figure out how to make the power button work, but I now have a waterproof option. Good for skiing, canoeing and bird watching in the marsh.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  7.    #8  
    As promised...
    I put the Pre in with the slider partly open (the case isn't long enough for it to be fully open), placed a piece of cork as a spacer, so I can press it to wake/power up the Pre. Touchscreen works fine, just have to use the virtual keyboard. Inelegant, but effective.
    Attached Images Attached Images