Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Got it for xmas today. What a nice case! I am pretty happy and impressed with how nice of quality it is and how nice the phone still feels in my hand. Should have bought one right when I got the phone months ago.

Anybody else have one?
    Not yet, but been thinking about it for a while. How sturdy is the unit? Heard about them having tabs that break off? What do you think? Do you have the inductive charge cover that I think is a little thicker?

Thanks for the input and lloking forward to hearing more.

BTW, Merry Christmas!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Not yet, but been thinking about it for a while. How sturdy is the unit? Heard about them having tabs that break off? What do you think? Do you have the inductive charge cover that I think is a little thicker?

Thanks for the input and lloking forward to hearing more.

BTW, Merry Christmas!
    Seems pretty sturdy to me and didnt take long at all to fit onto the Pre. I dont have a larger battery or anything like that, just a plain, regular Pre. Im normally extremely careful with phones, but of course things happen. Is there a warranty for this if something does happen to go wrong? Suppose I could look at the info that came with the case, huh?

Thanks for the Christmas wishes!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    It's a great case for so many reasons (comfort, feel, look etc...). If a tab does break off, Seidio is really good at replacing it.
    I've had an Innocase for about a month. Here's what I've found.

Once you install it, leave it on. The tabs are very fragile. If you pop it off, you risk rounding off the dogs on the tabs, or breaking off the tabs.

My Pre crashes once a week or so, and I've been removing the battery to reboot it. I discovered (too late) the other way to do this. Familiarize yourself with how to reboot a locked-up Pre without removing the battery: hold down the on-off button and slide the mute switch 3 times (and click your heels together 3 times). I didn't learn this until I had ruined my Innocase.

If you must remove the case, be very careful to pry the tabs out away from the Pre so they don't rub against the Pre while the case is coming off. Otherwise, it will round off the sharp tips on the tabs, and they won't hold anymore.

Other than this caution, the Innocase is great. Fits like a glove and the matt surface makes it much easier to hold onto the Pre, and also easier to open the slider. A Pre without an Innocase is much like a wet bar of soap (I dropped mine twice before installing the Innocase).
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    To reboot, all you need to do is press "orange key+sym+r".
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! I love the case so far and have not even had a reason to remove the battery in my Pre yet *knock on wood*.

The only thing about the Pre that has gone astray is the usb cord, battery cord charger "door" cover has come off, lame.
    You'll have the oreo soon, develop a crack some where, scratch the screen easily, break a power button, or dislodge a volume button, your case will break multiple times, your clip holder from Seidio will also break, and your phone will become very laggy. Welcome to the forum...
    Wow...that guys sounds happy...Merry Christmas to you too...

My USB cover also broke on my old unit, but it was caused by leaving the USB charge cable inserted while opening and closing using the standard slide method. This is an engineering flaw kinda and we should be able to charge and slide open the keyboard at the same with without breaking anything, but now that I know it is a problem I can certainly avoid that interaction and keep my USB cover and encasement from breaking inadvertently.

I've never had a problems (Thank God) with the power or volume buttons breaking and I'm pretty tough on my unit. The screens are certainly print magnets and I attribute most of my success with things coming out okay after dropping or otherwise to the:

RocketFish Snap-On Case purchased originally at Best Buy

The RocketFish may be bulky, but one thing it does well is absorb shocks when my Pre flies across the room.

I'm looking to replay my RocketFish with something a little more comfortable, streamlined, and equally durable. How solid is your Seidio case? Do you think it will handle and help absorb a fall from 3 feet like my RocketFish?

I'm thinking of going with two items to protect my new Pre including:

ClearTouch™ Crystal - Palm Pre - simply because I've purchased the ZAGG invisible shield and never used it since it needed water to attach and adhere to my Pre

and of course the

Seidio's case will replace my Rocketfish and they also mention that the Innocase is not compatable with ZAGGs or similar body skin products, so hopefully the Cleartouch will work since it just protects the screen.

Either way, thanks for the info which is appreciated...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I just got the 1350mah seidio battery (goes with stock back), and the innocase in black.

Install was a breeze though one of the clips did not want to hold with all the padding in place (the one by left thumb whil typing)... So i cut some of that padding away as to relieve the pressure and let the clip get a firm place held.

Seems to be fine now, does not move and slidding open is WAY easier.