1.    #1  
    I got a new Touchstone for Christmas, but it's not charging my Pre. I am using a different wall outlet than the factory one because the one that came with my Pre was dropped (from a very short distance) and no longer works. The wall outlet charges my phone just fine without the Touchstone. Is this the non-Palm wall outlet the problem or is it something else? Thanks.
    is it the pre cable between the wall wart and the touchstone? The appeture on the touchstone is too skinny for the stnd micro usb cable...
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    The Palm power supply that comes with the Pre has a higher power (quick charge) than regular usb power supplies. The Touchstone requires that higher power. I have a seido power supply that won't work with the touchstone either. Also, the full-size Sprint car charger works with the Touchstone, but the smaller one (got from the PreCentral store) won't work.
    That's why the Touchstone charges about three times faster than a computer usb port.
    You need to get a round Palm plug-in power supply for the Touchstone.
    I haven't found any other yet that works.
    Good luck.
    I purchased an after market wall charger for the road, some them like mine do not put out enough power for the TS to work. Need to get a Palm wall charger.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    The Palm power supply that comes with the Pre has a higher power (quick charge) than regular usb power supplies. The Touchstone requires that higher power. I have a seido power supply that won't work with the touchstone either. Also, the full-size Sprint car charger works with the Touchstone, but the smaller one (got from the PreCentral store) won't work.
    That's why the Touchstone charges about three times faster than a computer usb port.
    You need to get a round Palm plug-in power supply for the Touchstone.
    I haven't found any other yet that works.
    Good luck.
    thank you! Thank you all for the input. Good to know it charges 3 times faster, but sorry to know I have to buy a new wall charger. Oh well. The original one that came with the Pre was dropped from only 3 feet. Not very sturdy for a stupid wall charger. Oh well. Thanks again and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    I just got mine for Christmas as well and it works fine. I use the USB cable and outlet that came w/ the phone. It works great. I love it!