1.    #1  
    Anyone using one of these on your PRE:
    2 STYLUS TOUCH PEN FOR APPLE IPHONE 3G IPOD TOUCH 1G 2G - eBay (item 180402572708 end time Dec-29-09 09:34:33 PST)
    Most of my applications are just fine without it, but a stylus can be much more precise.

Additionally at work my hands get a bit dirty, not grimy, but enough that I hesitate touching my PRE. I am assuming it would work, because the screen works on the same premise.
    Do a search, you see a couple of threads on styli. Bottom line is that iPhone screen is more sensitive, and these styli don't work well on devices with plastic screens. I have an iPhone-suitable stylus from a different manufacturer. While it sorta works with the Pre, I have to press down so hard that I'm afraid of cracking the screen.
    I received the Mobi stylus as a gift. It's fine, really, though you do have to press fairly hard. Curiously, it's not that much more precise than using my finger, but it's kind of fun anyway.
    No capacitive freed me from my wm styli days
  5.    #5  
    Any other impressions.
    Again my main reason is for work, to keep my somewhat dirty fingers off of the screen.
    All of the programs have worked fine with just my finger, except for the solitare program. The cards are too close togeather.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I can't get a stylus to work at all on my Pre. I don't mind, I don't miss those things at all.
    A plastic stylus does nothing. My TV remote and laser pointer do nothing and that rules out infrared. What would it take to make a stylus for the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by extraclass
    A plastic stylus does nothing. My TV remote and laser pointer do nothing and that rules out infrared. What would it take to make a stylus for the Pre?
    That's what I'd like to know. I'm using the SCUMMVM emulator, and it would be much easier to play if there was a stylus for selecting from tiny text options.
    Quote Originally Posted by extraclass View Post
    What you need is a conductive area with a diameter of more than about 8mm with an electrical connection to your body. A thick pencil covered with aluminium foil will do it.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/07/2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: bit more specific.
    I've heard a link sausage or "slim jim" works.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I've heard a link sausage or "slim jim" works.
    I was going to say that.