Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to charge your spare batter by acing it directly on the touchstone?
    you can try lol, just put it on there for 20 min after checking the actuall charge on it then check it after and see if it went up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I will give it a try when I run one of my batteries down to empty.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    spelling?

derictly should be directly

c'mon!
    your not supposed to run then all the way down until after about three weeks of use keeping the battery as full as possible. its not good for the battery to be drained all the way down is what palm says . its a different type of battery from the older treo batteries
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    spelling?

derictly should be directly

c'mon!
    you must be blind he spelled that correctly . maybe he did not spell placing correct but who knows lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Or battery!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Is it possible to charge your spare batter by acing it directly on the touchstone?
    it wouldn't do any good. The magnetic backplate that comes with the touchstone sends the current to the battery. It'd be like touching a spare battery to any dc charger, it doesn't charge at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Or battery!
    yeah that too lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This was something I wondered about, but didn't think would work.
    no it won't work, there is a induction coil in the back cover.
  12.    #12  
    Sorry guys for the poor spelling. Was on my pre and I am still getting used to the keyboard plus the fact that you cant see the entire field while typing (used to my Touch Pro 2...).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you must be blind he spelled that correctly . maybe he did not spell placing correct but who knows lol
    Were do you get this information. Why is stuff like this not on the main part of the manual? You would think this would be pretty important especially since the biggest complaint I have is battery life and I need to get the most out of it. Does this wreck the battery or something?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your not supposed to run then all the way down until after about three weeks of use keeping the battery as full as possible. its not good for the battery to be drained all the way down is what palm says . its a different type of battery from the older treo batteries
    Exactly where do you claim they say this? Citation or it's BUNK.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Exactly where do you claim they say this? Citation or it's BUNK.
    Lithium-ion batteries shouldn't be run down completely, it degrades performance. They work better if they're continuously topped off.

It generally is recommended every now and then to discharge all the way (well... almost all the way*) to recalibrate the battery meter, but shouldn't be done too often.

*Actually, if it discharges too much, you won't be able to recharge it again at all, but the electronics in the batteries and devices prevent that from happening except under extreme circumstances.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Lithium-ion batteries shouldn't be run down completely, it degrades performance. They work better if they're continuously topped off.

It generally is recommended every now and then to discharge all the way (well... almost all the way*) to recalibrate the battery meter, but shouldn't be done too often.

*Actually, if it discharges too much, you won't be able to recharge it again at all, but the electronics in the batteries and devices prevent that from happening except under extreme circumstances.
    I know a lot about phone technology but nothing about batteries lol. I am so concerned with my pre going dead that I leave it on the touchstone charger all the time so when I leave its full. All along I thought this was bad, your saying that this is not true? I normally let it go all the way dead and then all the way full, i thought this was best practice. Guess I was way off lol
    I know a lot about phone technology but nothing about batteries lol. I am so concerned with my pre going dead that I leave it on the touchstone charger all the time so when I leave its full. All along I thought this was bad, your saying that this is not true? I normally let it go all the way dead and then all the way full, i thought this was best practice. Guess I was way off lol
    For lithium-ion batteries, which are in almost all phones these days, it's best to top them off continuously.

Now, for Nickel metal hydride (NiMH) and Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries, you're correct, it's best to do a full discharge followed by a full recharge with every use.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yeah, I thought the opposite too, hahaha. Thought it was best to drain it all the way down and then charge it up again, guess not.
    LOL x100000000
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    5th grade science class

just sayin .......

Actually I can understand how someone who isn't a material's science or EE person might think that the battery is more complex that it really is . Again, just sayin .....

Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    LOL x100000000
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    edit nuff said
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast