Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your not supposed to run then all the way down until after about three weeks of use keeping the battery as full as possible. its not good for the battery to be drained all the way down is what palm says . its a different type of battery from the older treo batteries
    what!
    someone told me i was supposed to let it drain completely before charging it, for the first two weeks. grrr lol
    too bad i don't care, they're sending me a brand new one
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Someone should make an adapter so that a spare battery could be placed onto the TS to charge a spare battery. I would use it often.
    I used Touchstone for a while but then went to an extended battery. Could I put a spare battery in the Touchstone back and put it on the Touchstone without it being attached to the phone? Would that charge it?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by J bird View Post
    Someone should make an adapter so that a spare battery could be placed onto the TS to charge a spare battery. I would use it often.
    I agree! Only makes sense - how else could we logically have a charged battery ready to be substituted when the main battery is losing it's charge and continue using the phone. My son has an extended battery (2nd battery actually) that wraps around his phone - would love to see that for the Pre. That way we can carry the spare with us.
    Smart cell phone batteries can never be completely discharged. Even if you try. It will stop before any damage is done to the battery. You are in fact suppose to drain it all the way once in a while just to recalibrate the sync with the battery monitor. Charging whenever you can is in fact better for life expectancy of the battery but draining it till low voltage cutoff is still needed every so often. Also whoever drained it when they first got the phone was prob right. The battery monitor doesn't know how much mah are in the new battery so it would be good to do that anyway. Heres some good info. Enjoy.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I used Touchstone for a while but then went to an extended battery. Could I put a spare battery in the Touchstone back and put it on the Touchstone without it being attached to the phone? Would that charge it?
    It wouldn't work, the Touchstone back electrically connects to the phone and not the battery. (The phone's charge management electronics need to monitor the battery temperature to control the current into it accordingly... that's why the battery has three terminals but the Touchstone back only just the two.)
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    It wouldn't work, the Touchstone back electrically connects to the phone and not the battery. (The phone's charge management electronics need to monitor the battery temperature to control the current into it accordingly... that's why the battery has three terminals but the Touchstone back only just the two.)
    Thanks. I did not really think it would.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So I get the explanation for why you can't charge the spare battery on the touchstone. But what I want to know is why Palm doesn't sell a battery attachment/cradle that you can use to charge a spare battery on the touchstone.

I would gladly buy a spare battery and some device that'd let me charge a spare on the touchstone. There's technically nothing stopping Palm from building such a device - but is there any reason they wouldn't want to?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12