Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hey ... I found a couple of leads via search but no definitive answer. I was wondering what product people recommend for using the Pre in the car via bluetooth. I have AUX jack in my car already, so I just need a bluetooth receiver to interface with it. I have two requirements:

- stereo audio so I can listen to Pandora in the car via the car's audio system
    - handsfree calling using a cabin microphone and the car's speakers

A display alerting me to incoming calls (in case I don't have AUX selected on the radio) would be a plus.

What do you guys recommend?
    I know it's not quite what you're looking for, but I wouldn't recommend one at all.

For only $150+installation, you can get a Sony car stereo system with BT built in that does what you want. Having it all in one package would be a really good thing. I know you can get them for that price, because I just got one for that price about 6 weeks ago. The one I got is the Sony MEX-BT2700. I generally don't like Sony, but the price was right and I've been very happy with it.

My second choice would be to get a model specific BT receiver that actually plugs in to the back of your stereo. Not all stereos support these, so you'd need to do some homework.

One that only plugs into the AUX jack on the front of your stereo will only work for audio, but not for phone calls (with most head units anyway) and even at that, it wouldn't only work for phone calls when you manually switch to AUX input.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I hard-wired a Motorola T-605 into my daily driver pickup truck. The kit comes with an external phone speaker and microphone, so you don't need to fumble with turning your radio on and selecting AUX before you answer an incoming call. The T-605 comes with RCA plugs to connect to your car stereo, or you can drop some coin on a custom-made adapter harness for most vehicles. My truck has a 3.5mm input on the radio face plate, and I just hit up the Shack for an RCA adapter cable with a right-angle 3.5mm plug to patch the tunes into the stereo from the T-605. Total cost under a hundred bucks, and it works really well with the Pre every day. No fancy display, but the external phone speaker solves your concern about missing incoming calls in a simple way.....
    bump...any other good suggestions? My wife won't let me buy a new stereo!! I've got an 08 scion xb. It has an aux port and a separate Ipod thingie...love pandora and stuff, but am looking for a cheap way to lose the aux cable...or maybe I should just keep it and get a bluetooth thing for phone calls...
    Thanks all.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    bump...any other good suggestions? My wife won't let me buy a new stereo!! I've got an 08 scion xb. It has an aux port and a separate Ipod thingie...love pandora and stuff, but am looking for a cheap way to lose the aux cable...or maybe I should just keep it and get a bluetooth thing for phone calls...
    Thanks all.
    For around $10.00 USD you can buy an anycom bluetooth adapter at the Sprint store that connects to your "Ipod thingie". Mount your phone high up and when you get a call, I'm told the sound for the call will go through your stereo and you'll speak using the phone's microphone. People have had mixed results so here's a quick search. The best quality sound will come with the Aux cable, not BT.

I couldn't get it working with my Pioneer 2100B Ipod connector so when I had water leak in my car (old british sports cars leak), the stereo had to be replaced and I bought a new Pioneer unit with BT built in. I'm extremely happy with the results. I have a inexpensive suction cup holder with the Touchstone device double sticky taped to it. Now all I do is put the phone on the Touchstone, the phone charges, I play Pandora or RadioTime and when I make or receive a call the stereo takes over. My car has a very loud exhaust and my wife and friends say that I sound fine. I can now hear them and they can hear me which is what's important in the long run.
    Thanks!