Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Im looking for some home (high end computer) speakers to put in my kitchen. I currently have some computer speakers (hidden above the cabinets) with a cable dropped down that i plug into my pre. (the touchstone sticks to the back wall) Id like to upgrade them to bluetooth so I wont need the cable anymore. Do they make speakers like that? I saw a few bluetooth modules that I think would work, but they were about $150. (Seems like a lot for an adapter) Also, do you think there will be a huge loss in quality switching form wired to BT? thanks
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I may have found some!! Anyone have any experience with the Creative Inspire S2 speakers?
    I am sorry I can't add something constructive to this conversation, but would love to hear your thoughts on these. I have been looking for a similar solution (and your current work around sounds about the same as my kitchen set up )

nb
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    I may have found some!! Anyone have any experience with the Creative Inspire S2 speakers?
    Got my Creative Inspire S2 Wireless Speakers some weeks ago.

Let me tell you: Pre + Inspire S2 Wireless = perfect combination! :-)

This speaker-system is very capable for it's rather small size. It has good satellites and a more than sufficient subwoover. I am very pleased. You can fill one room with good sound at no problem. Oh and...it looks really good, too!

However, the most amazing thing is the connection handling with the speakers. Once you paired your phone, you never ever have to do anything but switch bluetooth on the Pre on or off.

If the speakers loose connection, they will automatically turn off after some 4-5 minutes.
    And if you turn on bluetooth on your phone again, the speakers automatically turn on immediately, too.
    This is amazing! So you never have to switch on/off your speakers as they do this automatically depending on having a paired device within range.

A wonderful combination with great sound. And with 119EUR incl. VAT and shipping it's a great deal!

Highly recommended!
    update:

One obvious "problem" with the a2dp-speakers. You cannot really use them for watching videos or gaming, as there is a minimal time-lag between the screen and the audio (which has to be sent to the speakers first...).

So screen and audio don't fit.

Not a dealbreaker, but you should know...
    hello.
    i use my pre with parrot bluetooth speaker.
    sound it's simply amazing.
    you can find it in trusted reviews (don't have 10 posts to link url)

it's not a DIY speaker but work with my nokia, my pre, my laptop........