1.    #1  
    I have experienced the following twice. One of them is just this morning.

I placed the phone on touchstone charger and battery had 60% charge and went to sleep last night. The phone is charging fine. I get up this morning and see the phone just went dead a couple of minutes ago. The battery was not only not charging but it seems like the touchstone actually drained the battery and hence it went dead.

Has anybody experienced this? This is terrible. Instead of charing it actually accelerated the draining and now the phone is dead.

Input appreciated. Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Any info on this?
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    It is funny, this actually happened to me day before yesterday. I have also read others on here have experienced this.

In my case, I have a Touchstone on my bed stand and sometimes our looooong pillows pushes my digital clock around. It must have pushed my Pre slightly off the magnetic sweet spot to break the charge field. It also turbo drained the battery (It was at 90~ percent full when I hit the sack). When I woke up it was dead and sitting slightly off center on the Touchstone. Had to pop the battery out and re-pop it in for it to start charging again. No problems since then.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    It is funny, this actually happened to me day before yesterday. I have also read others on here have experienced this.

In my case, I have a Touchstone on my bed stand and sometimes our looooong pillows pushes my digital clock around. It must have pushed my Pre slightly off the magnetic sweet spot to break the charge field. It also turbo drained the battery (It was at 90~ percent full when I hit the sack). When I woke up it was dead and sitting slightly off center on the Touchstone. Had to pop the battery out and re-pop it in for it to start charging again. No problems since then.
    Thanks. However, my phone was placed correctly. If it is not placed correctly, it wouldn't charge. But why would it drain the battery?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    The only explanation I have I have is that time to time the charging sub routine resets and requires a restart to get it to re-initialize.
  6.    #6  
    I had a chat with Palm and got a new touchstone replacement. I am assuming they know this is an issue since I got this FedEx overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I have experienced the following twice. One of them is just this morning.

I placed the phone on touchstone charger and battery had 60% charge and went to sleep last night. The phone is charging fine. I get up this morning and see the phone just went dead a couple of minutes ago. The battery was not only not charging but it seems like the touchstone actually drained the battery and hence it went dead.

Has anybody experienced this? This is terrible. Instead of charing it actually accelerated the draining and now the phone is dead.

Input appreciated. Thanks.
    How can you tell what time your phone died. just curious..
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    same here this morning
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. The TS seems to start charging normally but in the morning the phone is drained. Putting the phone on another TS does not cause it to charge. I restart the phone and then it will start charging again. I suspect that the problem with 100% charge level on a TS is causing this. Not sure if one of the patches I installed is responsible or WebOS itself.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Happened to me three times today. Everytime I took the phone off the TS the little charging symbol was frozen next to the battery. Three restarts later the phone finally charged to 100%. Good thing I really love this phone.
    Cool, just keep an eye on the wall charger. They have been known to cause some problems.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.