Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BLAH BLAH BLAH about there dumb "life time replacement plan" With a crappy case like theirs they need it. Stay FAR FAR away from this case. Their CS is bad and the case is nothing but junk. You want a good case? Get the sprint case. Its total win if you ask me. Other than the way it looks >=|
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I didn't like the weak touchstone magnet with the case on so I took a dremel to it and cut out most of the back - works great now. I have a touchstone in my truck and it wouldn't stay put otherwise. I'm less worried about the back of the phone getting scratched so I'm ok with disposing of most of the back case
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    To address your main point, I don't know that this case provides much extra grip. It certainly isn't as slick as the Pre. As far as purchasing one with the prime reason being extra grip, it MIGHT be debatable, but I say it's a poor choice for that.

I cut the back out of my case for Touchstone usage. The front broke off when I dropped the phone from waist high onto carpet and wont go back on. It's not a particularly durable case.

I suggest you keep looking.
    Does anyone know if AGF makes a case similar to the Innocase combo with the belt holster?

The reason I ask is that I picked up a combination case at Radio Shack. It was an open box retun so there was no packaging, but it seems very similar to the description of the Innocase. The markings under the belt clip are AGF, however. The case is matte black, very thin and does not appear anywhere on the AGF website.

Thanks in advance!
    I am considering a protective rubber case, and I've read lots about the Innocase. I want to know if it clings/sticks to the phone well. I bought one this past week from another store, and the 2 halves dont really stick to the phone. One little move, and they fall right off. Does that happen with the Innocase?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdarkestsin View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH about there dumb "life time replacement plan" With a crappy case like theirs they need it. Stay FAR FAR away from this case. Their CS is bad and the case is nothing but junk. You want a good case? Get the sprint case. Its total win if you ask me. Other than the way it looks >=|
    Wow - thanks for providing a concise argument with specifics.

/end_sarcasm
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Will the Innocase work with a PhantomSkinz screen protector? Does anybody have any issues with this case when used in tandem with a screen protector? (Seidio's site specifically says that it's not compatible with screen protectors like BodyGuardz)
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Will the Innocase work with a PhantomSkinz screen protector? Does anybody have any issues with this case when used in tandem with a screen protector? (Seidio's site specifically says that it's not compatible with screen protectors like BodyGuardz)
    i have a screen protector and the innocase on mine, no problem
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Bought an innocase and holder in July.... Holder broke early October..I think it snapped while i was wearing it in a sitting position...
    Tabs on Top halp of case broke three weeks ago.....
    Botton half is still holding strong though....
    I may try a cheaper case for m y next purchase..
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've asked for one of these for Christmas after my second Body Glove case snapped a tab (but I did drop the phone with the second one -- the first one, which Sprint replaced at no cost, broke with no provocation and simply normal use). Technically, I guess it was my 3rd, because the first one I opened was missing a tab right out of the box, which Sprint replaced immediately. So I'd pretty much had it with the Body Glove case.

Amazon has the combination innocase and holster pretty cheap, so I figured it's worth a try, though I am concerned that the tabs won't be any more durable than the Body Glove. My hope is that since the case is thinner and lighter, it won't put as much stress on the tabs, plus using the holster rather than getting it in and out of my pocket all the time will have to be less stress on the tabs also.

I'm confused by the references to lifetime replacement coverage -- their website says 180 days, and that's only for a manufacturing defect, not "normal wear and tear". Is the lifetime warranty exclusive to the innocase? Or is it sort of an undocumented policy that they'll replace them no matter when they were purchased, due to the large number of problems people seem to be having with them? At Amazon's price, I'd be satisfied with 6 months of daily use, but obviously I'd prefer longer than that.

Thanks,
    -- robert
    Last edited by rmingee; 12/14/2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo this time...
    what tabs? someone please let me know what tabs are being referred to?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    there are small tabs that click into place around the edges of your pre in 4 or 5 spots, to hold the case on. the front ones are prone to breaking, as one of mine recently did. unfortunately, i bought my innocase on ebay for a beter price, but those people won't replace it as seidio seems willing to do, so joke's on me.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    I don't have an innocase, but I assume it's done the same way as the Body Glove and other snap-on cases. The case has 2 halves, one that snaps on the front and one on the back, so it can still slide open and closed. There are small plastic tabs at the 4 corners of each half that hold the case half onto the phone, and the tabs "ride" in the channel between the 2 halves of the phone. they are very small and plastic, and thus pretty fragile.

I'm intrigued by references to a case that has its own slide built-in, and thus wouldn't suffer this problem and also provides extra support for the Pre slide, but I can't find information about it online anywhere, and the last forum posts about it are months ago, and at that time it was said to only be available in stores (and I never saw one in the store where I bought my Pre). It also looked pretty ugly, and the biggest knock was it was bulky (but probably no more so than the Body Glove I had before).

-- robert
    The tabs break easily. I've broken one tab on each of the two pieces already just by brushing my finger across them.
    As I was reading this I found that my my replacement innocase had yet another broken tab. Luckily for me, I purchased the Sprint case already. I love the Sprint case. Bulky, yes, but it not only feels solid, it looks solid. For that reason, I think it looks better than stock (painted my red face plate black).
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anaglich View Post
    As I was reading this I found that my my replacement innocase had yet another broken tab. Luckily for me, I purchased the Sprint case already. I love the Sprint case. Bulky, yes, but it not only feels solid, it looks solid. For that reason, I think it looks better than stock (painted my red face plate black).
    Well, I've already given the innocase as an idea for Christmas, and it's probably already been bought, but if it does end up failing and Seido doesn't replace it for free, I'm hoping it at least lasts long enough for the Sprint case to start coming with different color choices, or for other manufacturers to realize the whole tab design is flawed and switch to a slide on the case. No, painting it is not that big a deal, but come on -- those default colors are just hideous...

-- robert
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post
    Well, I've already given the innocase as an idea for Christmas, and it's probably already been bought, but if it does end up failing and Seido doesn't replace it for free, I'm hoping it at least lasts long enough for the Sprint case to start coming with different color choices, or for other manufacturers to realize the whole tab design is flawed and switch to a slide on the case. No, painting it is not that big a deal, but come on -- those default colors are just hideous...

-- robert
    I agree with you 100%. There's got to be a better way to do a case than having tabs - or even a slider that makes your phone just as wide as it is tall...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I took the cover off twice, and one tab broke on the second time.
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    I hope you guys aren't talking about the Sprint case I bought the other day. It had like a chrome front cover and a red as well, and it didn't use the tabs. That thing was about $30 or so and it was brought back to the store the next day. I think it makes everything the pre was hyped up for and makes it negative. The phone might as well not have even been a slider, because it took a considerable amount of force to slide the "rhino case" as I like to call it. The pre is no longer a nice slim, river rock looking form, with a elegant form factor, it was about the size of my roommates iPhone and twice as thick. "Touchstone Compatible" it states on the front, but they also don't show you the back cover. Well in that case, anyone can have a touchstone compatible case, if they take a dremel tool and ream out a circle the size of the touchstone in the back of the case. How tacky does that look?
    Obviously this is my personal opinion but, I have owned two Seidio Innocase's, and yes the tabs DO break, its gonna happen, but I would rather have that, than the case Sprint sells. It still makes the pre look like a pre rather than some object that just fell from space, and it DOES indeed grip way better than a pre without a case. Plus I have had maybe a couple of times I had to readjust the phone on the touchstone to get it to ding.
    Its really no comparison between these two.
    Last edited by pre315; 12/16/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. I haven't actually seen the Sprint case in the store I usually go to, and the web pictures just don't give you a good view. I have heard that the slider takes a couple of days to loosen up, so it may be that would have improved, but it really does sound like it makes the phone a lot bigger, which was part of the issue I had with the Body Glove case I had, and part of what appeals to me about the Innocase. I'm going to give it a shot and hope that Seido stands behind it if (when) a tab breaks. I think the idea of a slide on the case is a good one, to give extra support to the slide on the phone, which is quite loose in my case, it just sounds like it was poorly executed with the Sprint case. Maybe if they'd used better materials (which for $30 it seems like they could have) they could have made it more form-fitting. And chrome? Please...

-- robert
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast