1.    #1  
    I have been reading a lot of posts on this topic: Where to place it, How to run wires, etc...

Lets have a competition to see who has the best install.

We'd have to take into account the wires being run have to be either hidden or really clean looking.

If the 3.5mm wire is being included with the power wire to the TS, that too must be clean. Unless you prefer to only use the wire when in use, but that too must look good. Not just a hanging wire that can get caught up on your hands when shifting or stuff like that.

Also, using the cars 12vDc port is optional, but obviously if you want to win TS cleanest install, that would prob have to be eliminated, which means you better know some basics on electronics.

So, responses you be nice. Any moderators can edit this post to do one of those Poll taking things at the top, and can add more details such as the time frame we have, OR, just not doing this at all!!

Let me know what you think fellow Pre/Pixi owners.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    FYI, Radio Shack has the TS w/back cover for $39.99, great price, bought one for each of my kids and one for my car.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    FYI, Radio Shack has the TS w/back cover for $39.99, great price, bought one for each of my kids and one for my car.
    that is where I will be going after work today
    My TS just sits on my nightstand with the wire running down the back, nothing fancy. In my car, the surfaces are round and I could not get the TS to stay adhered, so I had a box of Velcro Extreme strips leftover from mounting my ipod to my car's dash and problem solved and now I have my phone right next to me charging while I drive, playing my music, so cool. I think the TS is one of the pre's best features.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    My TS just sits on my nightstand with the wire running down the back, nothing fancy. In my car, the surfaces are round and I could not get the TS to stay adhered, so I had a box of Velcro Extreme strips leftover from mounting my ipod to my car's dash and problem solved and now I have my phone right next to me charging while I drive, playing my music, so cool. I think the TS is one of the pre's best features.
    Does that extreme Velcro really work? It would be nice to be able to transfer the TS between my car and my girl's car.

Also it seems that you have a flat surface right next to your really unnecessarily long hazard light switch. It could work.
    It sticks like a, ah, g rated forum, but you get the drift. Got it at a car wash a year ago when I was trying to figure out a way to mount my ipod to my dash. Don't worry, that strip on the dash does come off, I removed the original one so I could put my pre closer to me so to better utilize the mic for phone calls.
  7.    #7  
    It sticks like a, ah, g rated forum, but you get the drift. Got it at a car wash a year ago when I was trying to figure out a way to mount my ipod to my dash. Don't worry, that strip on the dash does come off, I removed the original one so I could put my pre closer to me so to better utilize the mic for phone calls.
    I use 3M double sided tape and it really surprised me. There hasn't been any wobble. I merely used a 1 square inch piece. I do live in Rhode Island, so I don't know what's going to happen in the summer heat, but I have a few more months before worrying about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I use 3M double sided tape and it really surprised me. There hasn't been any wobble. I merely used a 1 square inch piece. I do live in Rhode Island, so I don't know what's going to happen in the summer heat, but I have a few more months before worrying about that.
    Did you use the red outdoor stuff? That stuff is STRONG and STICKY!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you use the red outdoor stuff? That stuff is STRONG and STICKY!
    It definitely wasn't red. It was white on both sides with peel-able green/white labeling stuck to the adhesive that had 3M on it in different places. Actually, I don't remember if it was 3M, but I will check tonight after work to find out for sure and let you know, as this stuff works great.

Also, I am going to start taking pics this weekend to start off the competition.
    It definitely wasn't red. It was white on both sides with peel-able green/white labeling stuck to the adhesive that had 3M on it in different places. Actually, I don't remember if it was 3M, but I will check tonight after work to find out for sure and let you know, as this stuff works great.

Also, I am going to start taking pics this weekend to start off the competition.
    Yeah that's the heavy duty stuff with the green and white peel-off. The stuff with the red peel-off (sorry for the confusion, the tape itself is still white) is labeled 'super heavy duty' The two packages I have are both 3M and branded under Scotch. I used it to stick up a gauge pod, and even though it is super strong, it came off very cleanly when it was time to remove it. It was only installed a few months though, so I suppose it could be harder to clean off if it were installed longer.
    I have been reading a lot of posts on this topic: Where to place it, How to run wires, etc...

Lets have a competition to see who has the best install.

We'd have to take into account the wires being run have to be either hidden or really clean looking.

If the 3.5mm wire is being included with the power wire to the TS, that too must be clean. Unless you prefer to only use the wire when in use, but that too must look good. Not just a hanging wire that can get caught up on your hands when shifting or stuff like that.

Also, using the cars 12vDc port is optional, but obviously if you want to win TS cleanest install, that would prob have to be eliminated, which means you better know some basics on electronics.

So, responses you be nice. Any moderators can edit this post to do one of those Poll taking things at the top, and can add more details such as the time frame we have, OR, just not doing this at all!!

Let me know what you think fellow Pre/Pixi owners.

I would be really interested to see what everyone comes up with! Me myself I dont really have the time to install much.
    well I would be down for this, sounds fun.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  13.    #13  
    I also don't have too much time as well! I know there is a thread on Touchstone pics, but I was really interested in seeing some really impressive installations. I am working on mine right now, and it's so far looking nice, aside from the fact that I don't want to use my 12v DC port at all and just want to run the power from the fuse box.

There was someone on a thread who posted seomthing very useful, and that is to purchase a free floating cig lighter port that has both pos and neg wires coming out the back of it. Pos will go to fuse box, neg to chassis ground. This way you can simply plug your 12v-5v dc adapter into the female plug and fasten it underneath the kick panel.

Next you run you cable to the touchstone from the adapter and if you can sneak the cable up to the TS hiding it, then you should have yourself a nice looking device that doesn't require your car's 12v cig adapter port.

Then lastly, if your car has a 3.5mm auxiliary input for the radio, then you can do the same thing for that cable. I know you can buy