Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    can anyone tell me if there is a fix for the lock screen while on a touchstone. Mine goes to a black screen when on the touchstone. Really would like the app to stay open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    You could try the patch for adding more standby times, and set screen timeout to "never".
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    You could try the patch for adding more standby times, and set screen timeout to "never".
    But that would be all the time not just when it's on the touchstone!
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    But that would be all the time not just when it's on the touchstone!
    True, it is not an automatic solution. Just an option if you really need an app to show up at all times when on the TS.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Why in the world did they change it? It was fine before.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When did it change because it used to stay on didn't it??? I swore it did!!!
    Changed as of 1.3.1. It did stay on previously for some, but not all users. Apparently, the fact that it stayed on ever was a bug, one which I liked. There is a thread in the Palm Support forum about this, and a couple of threads here on it too.

Two things:
    1) It's pretty easy to unlock on the Touchstone. a) Hit any button whatsoever (except the volume buttons), whether open or closed. b) Slide open. c) Move the unlock outside it's circle. I frequently hit the button on the front to unlock since it's conveniently located and available whether open or closed.

2) In addition to the more standby times patch, there is a homebrew app called NoDoze that does it from an application. There is also a patch called No Auto Off While Charging, which will keep the screen from turning off whenever you're charging either through the Touchstone or the cable. That patch is not on Preware yet, so I haven't tried it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer