1.    #1  
    I have a pretty old Bluetooth headset that I use when driving. It is a Motorola H300. I used it with my past 2 phones with no problems. (Samsung Instinct & Palm Centro). But for some reason, with my Pre, it only works when I make outgoing calls. Any calls coming into the phone it will not work.

Anyone else run into this problem?
    How are you answering the call? I'm pretty sure the Pre routes the call based on how you answer:
    1. With the touchscreen routes the call to the Pre's microphone and speaker
    2. With the wired headset button routes the call to the wired headset (audio jack)
    3. With the button on a paired Bluetooth device routes the call to the bluetooth device
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  3.    #3  
    I am just thouching the screen. Same why I would if the bluetooth wasn't on.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TDWilson75 View Post
    I am just thouching the screen. Same why I would if the bluetooth wasn't on.
    If you answer the call by pressing the main headset button your good to go. If you answer from the touchscreen then you also have to press the main headset button to activate the headset. Weird quirk on the pre.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    If you answer the call by pressing the main headset button your good to go. If you answer from the touchscreen then you also have to press the main headset button to activate the headset. Weird quirk on the pre.
    I don't think it's a quirk, I think it's a great feature. I hated it on my Treo when I'd answer the phone, hold it to my ear, and then nothing -- only to discover that the Bluetooth headset on the desk, in a drawer or in the car (if it was parked close enough to my office) had snagged the call. Usually by the time I'd realized what had happened and disconnected Bluetooth the caller had already hung up on me and I'd have to call them back, which wasn't always possible if caller ID just showed their main office line. The Pre's logic makes much more sense to me...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    May be logical but until I found this out I had a bunch of calls that I answered and wondered why the headset wasn't working.
    Think of it this way:

Where ever the user answers the call, that's where the audio is.

You answer on the headset, the audio goes to the headset. If you answer the call on the phone, the audio is on the phone.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    How are you answering the call? I'm pretty sure the Pre routes the call based on how you answer:
    1. With the touchscreen routes the call to the Pre's microphone and speaker
    2. With the wired headset button routes the call to the wired headset (audio jack)
    3. With the button on a paired Bluetooth device routes the call to the bluetooth device
    Cool. I had the same "problem". It make sense. Thanks

Kreso