1.    #1  
    Anyone else all of a sudden having issues charging with their touchstones? Mine won't charge at home or at work. And coincidentally the guy here at work that has a Pre also just came up to me and said his Touchstone isn't charging his phone either. I have 3 touchstones and none of them seem to be working. Anyone else having this issue?
    maybe the contacts of the back case? I would try oben the back clean the contacts and cloase again
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    There is quite a bit on the forums about this but one quick fix I'll give you to try is to restart the phone while it's on the stone. Sometimes the inductive charging subroutine requires a reset and restarting the phone fixes it.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I figured it was some kind of hardware issue, but it turned out that rebooting the Pre fixed it -- it's been fine since. (Easiest way to reboot is hold down 3 buttons -- the Orange, Sym, and R keys.)
    I have my Pre sitting on the Touchstone right now and it is charging fine. Not sure what it could be with yours.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    had to reset mine 2x with my work touchstone to get it to work (recently) but never had to at home.... very strange....
    could be the battery as well
    Put the Pre on the Touchstone and while there do a Reset. If you do a search I had the same problem and some nice person gave me the advice. Hold the power button and push the Quiet button back and forth 3 times or if you install the Reset patch do that. Worked for me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Husker View Post
    Anyone else all of a sudden having issues charging with their touchstones? Mine won't charge at home or at work. And coincidentally the guy here at work that has a Pre also just came up to me and said his Touchstone isn't charging his phone either. I have 3 touchstones and none of them seem to be working. Anyone else having this issue?
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Could also be the wire that's connecting them =P
    they switched out my back and now mine works. I tried the reset with no luck. Guy at Sprint store said it's a known issue FWIW
    I actually had a Touchstone that went bad after about three weeks. Palm sent me a new one and I returned the old. Fortunately I had access to two other Touchstones so I knew the issue wasn't with my Pre.
    Could be a bad touchstone, i've had mine for 6 months now, still works like a charm.