Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! I had no interest in the extended battery, but i did want a sturdier touchstone experience for the car and your link to the magnets store and diagram of placement were invaluable. Thank you for sharing your knowledge!
    Hello,

i got my extended battery pack a couple of weeks back. Have been using it since.

Works perfect! Nice work, Steven!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Been using one of these for about a month now. Works great. Anyone who is thinking about it should really get one. Well worth the money.
    What are you guys using to extend the connection from the case to the phone? I read on one post that the person used a 2 pieces of a hanger? Is there anything else you guys recommend?
    Just finished my Seido case. From driving to Radio Shack or The Shack to buy a soldering iron to completion, it took about 1.5 hrs. So far it works great

I was able to use a very minimal amount of glue to keep the existing sticker on.

Thanks to member "sburlbaw" for leading the way in doing this mod first but I have to say the charging $50 is taking advantage because it should not cost that much in your time to do the mod. But thanks for paving the way.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Steven,
    Thank you so much for offering your services. I should have posted sooner, but holidays and family keep one's mind occupied lol. I have been using the Touchstone mod to my Sedio battery and case with the rare earth magnets for about a month now and no problems!! I think I am glad I chose to go with the rare earth magnets it seems to really align back of phone with the touchstone. I at first thought your price was a bit much, that is why I waited so long to do this. I am glad I did, should have sooner. If one considers that you do not charge shipping and handling. The price is not too much, and I am sure your Time is Worth it! Thanks again for offering this service I would recommend those who may be on the fence deciding. Make the leap you will be glad you did! I am and now my phone lasts all day!! compared to the standard battery and the convince of using the touchstone is wonderful!!

Check out his site you will not regret:

http://www.touchstonemods.com
    Last edited by pmjj; 12/18/2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: mispelled word
    Hey, this is PROFJAKE. I was the first guy (I think) to suggest that you sell this mod! Im SO GLAD you are doing this. I just ordered one for my fiance. I sure hope you can get it to me before Christmas.

THANKS AGAIN!

Jake Messinger
    professor jake
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Love this mod! Now I just need someone to cut a circle in the back of my Seidio extended battery case...
    I went skiing recently and noticed that my phone depleted the power much more rapidly in cold weather with the stock battery. In fact, my stock battery lasted only about half a day with few email checks, few texts, etc., as it was around 5 degrees in the NC mountains last weekend. I've decided to bite the bullet although the phone is now only about 3 months old and order the Mugen 2800mah battery with expanded battery door. Found it on Amazon for $65.00 incl. shipping.

I am going to convert it over to Touchstone and found this and other threads very helpful in preparing for the conversion. My only question is why are the pins required since it appears that you could use wires to simply solder from the touchstone side to the phone side and eliminate all the alignment issue although I would agree if you take the cover off frequently, the stock method would be more suitable. The wire could be thin gauge and just long enough to be able to place the back cover off to the side to remove the battery in case you needed to do that.

I will let you know how my mod turns out. Amazon is showing my order as being shipped second week of Jan.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
  11.    #171  
    @jjsorkin I do agree with you that soldering wires would be so much easier. But for someone like me selling these I have to be able to honor my customer in case of a repair. Plus I would either need the customers phone to solder the wires to the phone, this would not be very convenient as most people need/use their phones on a daily basis.

From a business perspective this would not work, for personal use, using wires is perfect and easy.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Just ordered my Extended battery and Door, can't wait to get that extra power. I have been using my Pre for a couple of months now and am really loving all this great work you guys have done for the phone. I used to love my Treo back in the day, but I moved onto other operating systems. Glad to be back in the Palm game again.
    I used Steve's service a few months ago and it was absolutely brilliant. It took about 4 days from paying the money to receiving the package in the UK and I've had absolutely no complaints with the product since. In fact, I dropped the yesterday which has chipped the phone and the back cover so the cover no longer fits properly and have already ordered a replacement as the first one was so good.

If you have your touchstone in any other position than flat on the desk (e.g. on a wall or similar) then I'd recommend the stronger magnets - not because the basic one won't hold it on but because you can have more confidence when docking.
    It looks great. Just sent you 80 for the the back with the stronger magnets. I can't wait...
    Very happy with my mod order- very good craftsmanship and no problems. It's nice having a reliable phone now and not having to ditch my Touchstones.
    I can't even begin to explain how glad I am I did this. He does amazing work and it feels so good to not have to bring extra batteries with me when I'm going to school etc. Highly recommend to anyone who wants better battery life and touchstone use at the same time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    sburlbaw, my seidio battery door broke before I got a chance to try this mod myself. Where do you get your doors from?
    Is all you did was run a copper wire between the ducts on the ts back and the phone?
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    sburlbaw, my seidio battery door broke before I got a chance to try this mod myself. Where do you get your doors from?
    I get them from seidio, you have to email them and request the back without the battery. They charge me $14.95 per back and around $5 for shipping.

I've also called before and ordered that way as well.

customerservice@seidioonline.com

They've always responded rather quickly and I have never had an issue.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Is all you did was run a copper wire between the ducts on the ts back and the phone?
    You can pretty much use any strong conductive material. I chose 14 gauge copper wire for mine, its easy to cut and grind down to proper size. I've heard of other people using different materials. The gap from the phones contacts to the contacts in the seidio 2600 back (with TS coil in it) is about 5mm.

Let me know if this helps or not.

Some user feedback here:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast