Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 190
  1. #141  
    Can you mod the back case of an otterbox to work with the touchstone?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by KottyKing View Post
    Can you mod the back case of an otterbox to work with the touchstone?
    I would be able to do it, but the only problem I would see is that I would have to make some sort of bridge through the back of the battery cover in order for the "charge" to get to the phone. Now I'm just thinking of the best/"prettiest" way to do it without having a hole in the back of your phone. So I would have to implant some contacts on the outside of the battery cover so they could reach the induction coil that I place in the otterbox. I see a couple downsides to having exposed contacts on the back side of your phone i.e. the two contacts touching with a car key or something or if it gets wet. Now if you keep your phone in the otterbox 99% of the time I dont think there would be a problem.

    So I would be willing to give it a shot, so email me through my website and we can talk details if you are still interested.
    Touchstone Compatible Extended Batteries Palm Pre www.TouchstoneMods.com
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

    Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  3. #143  
    Hey sburblaw. I went to Sprint today to get a replacement phone and when I got home I kept trying to figure out why my back wouldn't stay on. As I looked closer I noticed they had cracked the top left hand corner. No wonder they gave me a new battery and back today. I have contacted Seidio to see if I can order a back so I can send it to you. I was trying to find my old Seidio back that had the camera problems but no luck. Can you get a Seidio back?
  4.    #144  
    Email sent

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey sburblaw. I went to Sprint today to get a replacement phone and when I got home I kept trying to figure out why my back wouldn't stay on. As I looked closer I noticed they had cracked the top left hand corner. No wonder they gave me a new battery and back today. I have contacted Seidio to see if I can order a back so I can send it to you. I was trying to find my old Seidio back that had the camera problems but no luck. Can you get a Seidio back?
    Last edited by sburlbaw; 07/30/2010 at 03:54 PM.
  5. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #145  
    Steve,

    Just ordered a mod back and battery - been waiting to do this for a while! What kind of shipping do you use?
  6.    #146  
    I sent you a follow up email. But I use USPS priority (2-3 days).
    Last edited by sburlbaw; 08/21/2010 at 01:53 PM.
  7. #147  
    sburlbaw, been using my new extended Seidio touchstone case and loving it!! Great work!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    sburlbaw, been using my new extended Seidio touchstone case and loving it!! Great work!
    Thats fantastic! Glad you like it.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

    Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  9. #149  
    Steve, great work on my seidio extended back for touchstone. Works great in the car and at home. You did great work and very fast shipping I had it back in two days. Thanks
  10. #150  
    I have ordered mine as well ;-)
    Thanks Steve.
  11. #151  
    @ sburblaw

    Thanks for the info on the magnets. I am considering using them to increase the magnetic pull on my stock TS back. I want to mount a TS on my Harley and don't want there to be any chance of it bouncing off. Originally I had thought about increasing the magnet strength inside my TS. That is certainly possible but modifying my TS back cover definitely looks far less complex.

    Looks like you do amazing work. Thanks for being such a helpful part of this community!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    @ sburblaw

    Thanks for the info on the magnets. I am considering using them to increase the magnetic pull on my stock TS back. I want to mount a TS on my Harley and don't want there to be any chance of it bouncing off. Originally I had thought about increasing the magnet strength inside my TS. That is certainly possible but modifying my TS back cover definitely looks far less complex.

    Looks like you do amazing work. Thanks for being such a helpful part of this community!
    Conceptually, that sounds cool, but I'd think that no magnet in the world (however high-quality Steve's work undoubtedly is) is necessarily stronger than a particularly bad pothole or speedbump. Are you *sure* you want to mount your Pre on your Harley without some kind of physical restraint/enclosure? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Conceptually, that sounds cool, but I'd think that no magnet in the world (however high-quality Steve's work undoubtedly is) is necessarily stronger than a particularly bad pothole or speedbump. Are you *sure* you want to mount your Pre on your Harley without some kind of physical restraint/enclosure? {Jonathan}
    No, I'm not sure yet. But am willing to explore the possibility. Something else I have considered is taking a Pre holster and removing the clip then cutting out a very precise circle to make it TS compatible and then using some heavy duty epoxy to attach the modified holster to the TS. That would allow for TS charging and still provide a physical restraint for security. The only drawback there is that I can't have the slider open (which I prefer to help dissapate heat)

    BTW... I did pick up some additional tiny magnets and attempted to add them the way Steve shows them positioned but the stock TS back doesn't have enough of a gap inside for anything to be added.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  14. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #154  
    Steve - been using the modded back since last Wednesday and it's working beautifully. Thanks!
  15. bigape68's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #155  
    Ordered one last night, can't wait to get it. I switched to a pre plus from a droid. Not only do I like the phone much more but the community rocks!
  16. #156  
    Are the directions up anywhere on how to do this yourself?
  17. #157  
    Have you examined the magnets inside the touchstone itself?

    With the whole credit card problem, couldn't you just improve the touchstone magnets? I'm sure the ones they use are bargain bin crap.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOandBACK View Post
    Are the directions up anywhere on how to do this yourself?
    I haven't posted up DITY directions yet, between school and work time is precious but I will see what I can do about getting a tutorial up.

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Have you examined the magnets inside the touchstone itself?

    With the whole credit card problem, couldn't you just improve the touchstone magnets? I'm sure the ones they use are bargain bin crap.
    I have examined the magnets in the back of the TS dock, those could also be easily swapped out but then everyone would have to send me their dock, just not practical.

    Now about the credit cards and such, I have tested it on my own card by putting it up against the back (with magnets in it) and the card was not "erased", this is more of a precautionary warning.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

    Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  19. #159  
    Ordered Seidio 2600 Battery and Touchstone battery cover mod from Sburlbaw...AWESOME combo!! Works well with Touchstone for charging...If you do use a Touchstone in the car, you may want to get the extra magnets....No problems with ordering from his website. It was shipped very fast and I got emails immediately about the status of my order. Very professional and very satisfied customer!
  20. #160  
    I'm seriously considering ordering this but I wonder if anyone has actually measured the new phone weight and depth with this mod? Is the phone still pocketable? I searched the thread but didn't see this information. Hopefully I didn't miss it.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions