Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    I have the innocase (non extended) but I'm assuming the back portion is the same thickness as the extended one, so I will try to wedge it on the extended battery to see if it works and I will get back to you later

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Anyone know if this mod will work when the Innocase is one ( the one for the extended battery).
    Appreciate you checking but decided to get it done as I came accross a cheap touchstone cover. I went to sprint store and they were on sale for $16.99 and with the Premier Discount it was $14 . Will order on your site now.
    I saw that sburlaw was away, and being the impatient person I asked myself "how hard could it be". Well...

I was able to very easily (carefully) peel the "sticker" on the inside of the Touchstone back off with most of the adhesive intact. This sticker covers the four magnets, the coil and a circuit board with contacts. Basically it keeps them perfectly aligned. There are also some indentations in the back of the plastic case to align the magnets and the coil. Obviously the SEIDIO back doesn't have those, so keeping the sticker in top shape is paramount.

** knife prying carefully **

Once you pry it off, you'll notice that the magnets, coil and circuit board are still stuck to the back. Pry those off even more carefully, then stick them back to the sticker.

** sticker separated from the back **

Then I aligned the whole sticker/coil/magnet/circuit board carefully and pressed the adhesive to the back of the SEIDIO back. I was able to get it to stick so well that (so far) I've just been using the sticker to hold everything in place:

** finished **

Well, not exactly finished. The next thing I tried to do was to solder the copper posts that sburlaw used. And I failed at it. I could not get the wire/solder hot enough to make a good hot solder joint.

So I bailed before I ruined the contacts and the board. Instead I took some 20ga wire and soldered it to the contacts, ran that to the "springs" on the Pre, tinned then tack soldered the wires, taping them down to the back of the phone.

It works for now (no ding-ding dance), but I think I might still be sending what I did so far to sburlaw to have those posts soldered on.
    Last edited by chrischampion; 03/28/2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: clarity
    I am also wondering if the below will work -- anyone know the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I have the innocase (non extended) but I'm assuming the back portion is the same thickness as the extended one, so I will try to wedge it on the extended battery to see if it works and I will get back to you later
    Steve,

I paid the paypal, but I don't have an address to send you my stuff. Please advise....
    Steve or his wife will get back to you soon. He is in the Air force and got called out until the 5th. I'm guessing he might have a backlog, so I'm being patient. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
  7.    #67  
    I would like to apologize for my unexpected absence, but I am back and taking orders again. I apologize again to those whose this affected but I will have the modifications of those who have already sent them done this weekend and out on monday (5Apr2010). Thanks for your understanding.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    I just got the 2250 battery off ebay...Anyone have luck modding this one to do the same? I may buy a spare touchstone back from bestbuy for $20 and attempt this if the ebay battery is possible to do as well. I wouldn't see why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I just got the 2250 battery off ebay...Anyone have luck modding this one to do the same? I may buy a spare touchstone back from bestbuy for $20 and attempt this if the ebay battery is possible to do as well. I wouldn't see why not?
    Sburlbaw should be able to take care of this for you, but there should be no difference in the process. Just the length of the contacts will be different. Good luck.
    p.s. Thanks sburlbaw for helping so many people out. Keep up the great work!
  10.    #70  
    Ryan,

I can definitely do that for you, shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies...I like this new battery, but its seems to have the issues of the top left corner of pics getting a slight shadow, and the flash not seeming as bright. It has the fully smooth back thats all one height like the Seidio. Does the Seidio have issues with pics/flash too? I think I recall reading it did. I will most likely do the mod myself if I do attempt it, Thanks though. Appreciate the offer. I may just buy the Seidio instead since it looks nicer/sleeker than my ebay one. Should of just gotten it first. Oh well, always good to have a spare.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    any tips on what kind of metal to use on the contact points? I was bored this morning and I'm trying to do this.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    This is what I've did right meow. I'm hungry now but should finish later tonight.

I created a flickr account with more pic's here

Flickr: palmpre2600mod's Photostream
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got mine back from Steve today and am very impressed. Nice job.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Yeah finished!!! and it works!!! So the hardest part would be the two freaking pins that you have to solder on and measure to the correct size. I burned myself like a noob but its all good. Not the best solder work but the plastic epoxy around the pins are hard as a rock.

More pics here: Flickr: palmpre2600mod's Photostream
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Got it back yesterday and its terriffic. well done. thank you. Also for those who asked it does not seem to work with the extended innocase , or atleast I cant get it to. It seems the extended case does not touch the inside case and theres a slight space between it and the PRE back cover as compared to the Innocase regular so that might be it.
    Have to add that I tried the innocase extended case again and put it on and pushed it on the PRE real hard so the case and back would touch more and it works a little now. Its tempermental but works if you position right. you have to really get it centered as the magent is real weak but it does work. Just does not stay on well .
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/17/2010 at 06:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Anyone find a case that can be used/modified to work with this? I'm looking for a silicone case that fits and I'll cut a hole in the back.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Anyone have measurements for how tall the posts are? Going to do this asap.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Anyone have measurements for how tall the posts are? Going to do this asap.
    To be honest I have a piece of wood that's marked and I grind down the copper to match the marking, I could measure it when I get home, but then again it all depends on how you solder as well. I'll get back to you though.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast