Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. FXC
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'm probably crossing a fine line here as I'm not sure if this is good netiquette, but the followers of this particular thread are likely the perfect audience for my earlier post called "Electronics challenge with prizes" (link here)

Thanks for looking!
  2.    #42  
    Here is a picture of the modification I did for caj2008. He was my first customer. Thanks for the support.

Steven
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    Don't want to do it yourself? This sounds like a good idea to me....filling a HUGE void left by Seidio.
    I agree, I definitely do not understand why Seidio decided to stop pursuing this, they would make a killing. But I guess thats why they sell soldering irons and rubber cement :-)
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Ugly, but functional. that hot glue looks terrible. Did you try epoxy, by chance? It will flow and flatten out more than hot glue, and yet be much stronger. I won't let the looks stop me from having you do this for me, I'm just curious.

That, and I'll never let my iPhoney friends see under the cover. They'd laugh me out of the county if they saw that... <grin>
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Ugly, but functional. that hot glue looks terrible. Did you try epoxy, by chance? It will flow and flatten out more than hot glue, and yet be much stronger. I won't let the looks stop me from having you do this for me, I'm just curious.

That, and I'll never let my iPhoney friends see under the cover. They'd laugh me out of the county if they saw that... <grin>
    The reason I chose the hot glue is because I wanted to make this mod reversible. If for some reason you don't like the modification I can easily reverse it for you. The hot glue can easily be removed as well as the adhesive I used. This way there will be no permanent effects to the touchstone element.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    Definetly want to get this done BUT need a second touchstone back as I go back and forth between the 1400 battery and the extended depending on what I am doing etc. It looks like the original touchstone back is used for this.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Definetly want to get this done BUT need a second touchstone back as I go back and forth between the 1400 battery and the extended depending on what I am doing etc. It looks like the original touchstone back is used for this.
    That is correct I take the components from the original touchstone back and replace them in the 2600 back.
    Thanks . And forgot to add it looks like you do a great job. If I can get my hands on a cheap touchstone back I will be sending it your way.
    very interested.
    Nice idea.
    Got to try this!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    These look nice!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    nice work ill place an order once i get my tax return
  13.    #53  
    I will now be taking orders though I website I've put together, taking orders through PM was getting a little unorganized so check it out.

Touchstone Mods sburlbaw modification extended battery cover seidio 2600

Some user feedback here:
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    As soon as I found out that Steven was providing this service, I ordered the Seidio battery (with back cover) and an additional Touchstone cover from Palm (if you can survive with the original cover and just use the USB charger for a few days, you could save some money).

Shipped both covers off to Steven and let him do his thing.

I had some time-constraint concerns - wasn't trying to pressure him but, I'm in the process of selling my home, living in a hotel for a couple of weeks, then moving into our new home so, I was worried about turnaround and where I'd be when it got shipped back to me. I needn’t have worried...I explained the situation I was in to Steven and he made sure that I got a fast turn-around. He also was very good at keeping me informed every step of the way...when the items were received, when the mod was done, and when it was shipped back to me! Great communication!!

As for the final product...couldn't be happier. Works great, as advertised.

Yes, the hot-glue isn't the prettiest...it doesn't look exactly OEM but, if it's really of major concern to you what the INSIDE of your battery cover looks like, I'd suggest you consider getting some professional help.

I'm still in the process of conditioning my 2600 mAh battery...which takes a while. If you want to give it 4-6 full charge/discharge cycles...it takes some time given the battery will run the phone for a couple of days!!
    I had Steven do mine maybe a bit more than a week ago. Same reaction as you've already heard. He was FAST, communicative and did a great job. I'm very happy.

I've used it non-stop. Carried it around in jeans pockets. It's been hot, nearly wet and not a problem.

I noticed slightly less magnetic pull to the TS but it has not come close to falling off. And the 2600 battery weighs more (obviously) which is probably the difference.

This mod really made my Pre perfect.

I'm a heavy user and have been using the Seidio 2600 almost since I got the Pre. Probably since September. Even with the 2600 I've been close to out of power by the time I plugged it into the charger for the night. And though I tried to charge it through the USB charger in the office when I could, I found it to be a royal pain.

The TS is cool and I loved it those times I used a smaller battery. But using the 2600 and the TS together really has made the Pre a powerful tool for me.

Yeah, I'm a happy customer. Thanks Steven!
    Great work guys ! Just got my 2600mAh and new batt cover in today. It's charging right now and I did transfer the magnets and coil from my TS back to the new Seidio. Just need some wire and a WORKING soldering iron (mine is busted...something to do with leaving in the garage where the dog could chew on it /sigh)
    I need to find a touchstone charger and back so i can make this happen.
    that was my plan I need to purchase a touchstone charger and back cover cheap
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by typicalnaloboy View Post
    Great work guys ! Just got my 2600mAh and new batt cover in today. It's charging right now and I did transfer the magnets and coil from my TS back to the new Seidio. Just need some wire and a WORKING soldering iron (mine is busted...something to do with leaving in the garage where the dog could chew on it /sigh)
    Let me know if you need a hand, I charge only a small fee Good luck

Some user feedback here:
    Anyone know if this mod will work when the Innocase is on it ( the one for the extended battery).
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/20/2010 at 07:49 PM.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast