Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    You can pretty much use any strong conductive material. I chose 14 gauge copper wire for mine, its easy to cut and grind down to proper size. I've heard of other people using different materials. The gap from the phones contacts to the contacts in the seidio 2600 back (with TS coil in it) is about 5mm.

Let me know if this helps or not.
    What did you do to hold the wires in place?
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    What did you do to hold the wires in place?
    I soldered them directly to the touchstone chip. If you look at some of the pics on my site you can see hot glue around the contacts. That is just secondary protection. The posts are soldered underneath the glue.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Now I see what your talking about. From what I am seeing, you coil the wire in to a stick sort of shape long enough to make contact between each duct. Thats very clever. I hope my 1800 arrives soon cause I am now eager to do this.
    I ordered a modified back from sburlbaw. He shipped it the next day, and it arrived promptly. The modification is very neatly done, and looks great. (It's inside, of course, but the workmanship is nice.) I put it on and set the phone on the touchstone, and everything looked like it worked perfectly.

I left it on the touchstone over night. This morning, after using the phone on and off for about an hour, it froze in the middle of a game, and I couldn't minimize the game or turn it off. (But my power button is flaky.) So I pulled the battery. When I put it back in, the phone wouldn't turn on. I tried the power button, and I also tried sliding open the phone and pushing the front button, which has always been reliable. Nothing.

When I got to the office I tried putting the power cord into the mini-usb slot, and the phone rebooted. (and said that the battery was 100% charged.) It appears to be fine, now. I have no idea why it crashed so badly, or whether that's related to modified back, but thought I'd mention it here and see if anyone had any similar experiences.

=====
    update: It's now a few days later and the phone is behaving completely normally. It's noce being able to dock it again, both because it makes a nice stand and also because it means I don't have to mess with that silly usb door. I am leaning more and more towards thinking the problem was just coincidentally related to to the new back. Electronics are flaky.
    Last edited by puzzlegal; 02/24/2011 at 11:49 AM.
  5.    #185  
    Attn: WebOS enthusiasts and addicts alike :-) I have just shipped my 185th order as of 2/23/2011. As a celebration of this small accomplishment for myself as well as being able to serve the WebOS community, I will be awarding my 200th customer with a nice surprise. The 200th customer will receive their order free of charge.

It will work like this: The 200th customer places an order through my website. Once this happens I will notify this person that they are the winner. I will then provide them with a full refund and ship out their order free of charge. Their first name and last initial will be posted on this thread for confirmation. I will also try to get a writeup from the winner once they receive their "prize". Good luck and spread the word.

Here is a precentral exclusive clue: I've been doing this for about a 1.5 years now. So 1.5 years divided by 185. On average I ship out about one order every 3 days :-)

I also will not be providing the current count, that just wouldn't be fair hehe. Their are no contests rules or fine print, just be the 200th customer and you win :-)
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    I cut and filed small brass nuts into posts and soldered them to the back tabs. I'd practice soldering first if your not real good at it.
    Mine has stopped working. It was working fine, and now when I put it on my touchstone it either doesn't say "charging" at all, or it goes "ding" every couple of minutes as it makes and breaks the charging connection. I have no idea what the problem might be, but any advice to fix it would be welcome.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Mine has stopped working. It was working fine, and now when I put it on my touchstone it either doesn't say "charging" at all, or it goes "ding" every couple of minutes as it makes and breaks the charging connection. I have no idea what the problem might be, but any advice to fix it would be welcome.
    Puzzlegal,

This is unfortunate that your back has stopped working. Send me and email at sburlbaw@gmail.com aith your information nd I will take care of you, if needed I will provide a replacement cover for you. Thanks

- Steve
  9.    #189  
    Announcement: I am happy to announce that I have teamed up with @Garrett92C (Twitter) to bring an application version of www.TouchstoneMods.com to the HP Touchpad along with several new features too!! Very exciting stuff, stay tuned! Follow us on twitter.

Some user feedback here:
    I spoke with sburlbaw about it awhile ago, and my ebay extended battery fit fine, but my seidio caused the device to bulge out and cause the slider to not feel as sturdy. No matter what I do it has some bulge to it. I wondered if over time the batterys can inflate/expand and cause them to be thicker, which may be causing this issue? The battery feels a little inflated perhaps, but works fine. The ebay batter fits good and has no bulge to it once its in, but its mAh ratings way worse...Thanks
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910