Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ok so battery life on the pre and pixi are issues I have been through the siedo batterys amzer all types but I want the phone to be slim still not a prezilla so I recently ordered the mugen 1400 mhz (battery monitor states 1268mhz which is higher then the original since it says after the 1.3.1 update 650mhz) and I know alot about batterys and following these easy instructions your phone will last you no kidding A DAY IN A HALF WITH REGULAR USE TO 2 DAYS AND A HALF WITH MODERATE AND STANDYBY honestly I use my phone all day from 5am get home from work go to the gym listen to the pandora or music player for 2 to 3 hours at the gym go to sleep wake up and still have 50% left so heres what you do.

first once you get the battery as the instuctions tells you charge the battery first for a full 8 to 12 hours straight then run the battery down from there until the phone tells you to charge it then charge it again for another 8 to 12 hours again do this 3 times in a row to excercise the battery life on your phone after that you can charge it whenever you want but make sure you dont kill the battery to 0% and believe me when i tell you you'll get days out of the life of your pre or pixi without charging it every 6 hours like before heres the link to order it.

Palm Pre Extended Replacement Batteries and Accessories

this is no way an advertisement and i dont get a comission or nothing off of you ordering this battery just helping out also you might consider using the smartflex 500mhz patch this also helps optimize your battery life greatly enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    ..........mugen 1400 mhz (battery monitor states 1268mhz which is higher then the original since it says after the 1.3.1 update 650mhz) and I know alot about batterys and.........
    Indeed, you must. hahahahaha

Just kidding, just thought the typos were funny.
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    ok so battery life on the pre and pixi are issues I have been through the siedo batterys amzer all types but I want the phone to be slim still not a prezilla so I recently ordered the mugen 1400 mhz (battery monitor states 1268mhz which is higher then the original since it says after the 1.3.1 update 650mhz) and I know alot about batterys and following these easy instructions your phone will last you no kidding A DAY IN A HALF WITH REGULAR USE TO 2 DAYS AND A HALF WITH MODERATE AND STANDYBY honestly I use my phone all day from 5am get home from work go to the gym listen to the pandora or music player for 2 to 3 hours at the gym go to sleep wake up and still have 50% left so heres what you do.

first once you get the battery as the instuctions tells you charge the battery first for a full 8 to 12 hours straight then run the battery down from there until the phone tells you to charge it then charge it again for another 8 to 12 hours again do this 3 times in a row to excercise the battery life on your phone after that you can charge it whenever you want but make sure you dont kill the battery to 0% and believe me when i tell you you'll get days out of the life of your pre or pixi without charging it every 6 hours like before heres the link to order it.

Palm Pre Extended Replacement Batteries and Accessories

this is no way an advertisement and i dont get a comission or nothing off of you ordering this battery just helping out also you might consider using the smartflex 500mhz patch this also helps optimize your battery life greatly enjoy.
    Holy smokes! Dude, in case you haven't found it yet, the period is to the right of the space bar on your Pre.

Just giving you a hard time. Thanks for the info.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Holy smokes! Dude, in case you haven't found it yet, the period is to the right of the space bar on your Pre.
    Yeah...right next to the mhz key.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Any update on the battery. Does it still last a day and half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    Any update on the battery. Does it still last a day and half.
    I've had mine for a few weeks, I really don't see any difference than the stock battery. If the added capacity is there, it's not enough where I can say I definitely notice a difference.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, so you wouldn't really recommend the 1400 battery. No big difference between that and the original.
    Thanks for the info, so you wouldn't really recommend the 1400 battery. No big difference between that and the original.
    I absolutely would recommend the 1400mha battery. It provides me with a solid 15 to 20% improvement. Meaning instead of having 25% battery when I get home from clerking, its 40% and I can safely go about my activities for the evening without worrying about charge.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well here is how I use my phone. I mainly get to work and hook it too my laptop to tether. I would probably use it 4-5 hours without being plugged into anything. If the original can get me thru 4-5 hours of use then I would just stay with it.
    Well, since the Battery Monitor app doesn't seem to be working consistently or correctly since the latest WebOS update, it's difficult to judge exactly how much (if any) capacity the battery adds, other than seeing if it lasts all day or not and making a guess.

My original Pre battery had no problem lasting all day. There was a one or two week period where for some reason the battery was draining a lot faster. Even though I had older Centro/Treo 800w batteries I could have used, I decided to try the Mugen 1400.

During the 3 weeks that I waited to get the Mugen battery, my Pre battery usage returned to normal. I got the Mugen, have been using it and it lasts a whole day. Since I charge the phone each night, a whole day is good enough for me.

I don't understand why people deliberately leave their battery off the charger at night, while they are sleeping. What better time to charge it?

So as far as recommending the Mugen 1400, if you need a second battery, may as well buy it, the cost alone makes it cheap enough to at least try it. Don't go by my opinion alone, there are others who swear the battery lasts much longer.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thank for more info. I'm like you I plug my phone in everynight when I go to sleep. Actually usually between 5-7pm. I get up at 4am and the phone is off the charger for about 12-14 hours, I'd have it plugged into my laptop for a couple hours. I'm guessing that the original battery should do me fine. I'm currently using a touch vogue, and the battery isn't the greatest on it either. I just hope the pre battery isn't that much worse. I'm really excited about getting my pre tomorrow. Can't wait.