Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi guys, I know that talking about a stylus for Pre can be seen as heresy, but hear me out.
    I've moved from Blackberry to Pre, and I use it for work. I'm a bike messenger and I get all my orders through email. It is now winter in Ireland and therefore I need to wear gloves. To read and reply to orders I have to take my gloves off every time, to hang up calls I have to take my gloves off every time(I haven't figured out if there's a button to hang up).

I've already nearly sold my pre cos of lack of notification options, thanks homebrew guys for saving me, it's hard to hear those notifications come through in traffic, a stylus would make my life outside a lot easier in the coming months...
    All I need after that is a weatherproof case with full access... an Otterbox would be nice... I'm beginning to think I bought the wrong phone for what I want to do, and it makes me sad as I love it so much!
    There are such things as stylii for capacitive screens.. any one that's designed to work with the iPhone should work fine with the Pre. Just a matter of where you're going to carry it since the Pre doesn't have any kind of holder for it and I don't recall seeing any Pre cases that have stylus slots in them.

Universal Touch Screen Stylus for Apple iPhone / Touch, Silver by Eforcity - DOTHXXXXST04 - Buy.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Managed to track one down in the UK, thanks for your help guys
    Quote Originally Posted by dubmess View Post
    Hi guys, I know that talking about a stylus for Pre can be seen as heresy, but hear me out.
    I've moved from Blackberry to Pre, and I use it for work. I'm a bike messenger and I get all my orders through email. It is now winter in Ireland and therefore I need to wear gloves. To read and reply to orders I have to take my gloves off every time, to hang up calls I have to take my gloves off every time(I haven't figured out if there's a button to hang up).
    I too am a fan of stylus input. It's so much more precise than my caveman fingers. Why in the world we've moved so far towards (imo) over-simplified user controls is beyond me (well, ok, I see the aesthetic allure, fine). But that's what we have. Trying to get the cut/paste to reach that character all the way at the far side of the screen...sometimes I just run out of room! And sometimes I spend four times the time it takes to select something just because my fat fingers can't precisely nail the spot I want. It's silly.