Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I just bought my wife a Pixi and set it up to connect to her Audi Q5 via bluetooth. The bluetooth connection seems to work fine, however she has been having trouble with the phone functions after getting out of the car. She stated she would make a call, and it said the call was connected, but she could not hear anything, no ringing, no voice, no nothing. One of these calls was to me. I could hear her, but it was obvious she could not hear me.

This evening after getting home she tried to call voice mail and could not hear anything, even though it said the call was connected. I took a look and noted that the speaker button (lower left corner) still showed as being on bluetooth. The bluetooth indicated the phone was still connected to the car, even though the car was completely off. I changed the speaker to phone and you could hear the call again.

Hung up, tried again, and the speaker was on bluetooth again. I had to turn off the bluetooth in order for the phone to "release" the bluetooth connection. After that the phone and speaker functions worked properly.

My wife is not a technology person. It has to work without having to change settings, turn features off and on, juggle the handset, blow on it three times and hop in a circle. I can't tell her she is going to have to turn the bluetooth off and on each time she gets out of the car. I also don't want to have to disable that feature as I think it is important for safety and one of the reasons I got this phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? Got any ideas what could cause this and how I can fix it. I have a Pre and have never had this problem.

Thanks
    well on any bluetooth device you have to turn one or the other off and if you just want to make it simple for your wife start a thread topic " patch request bluetooth toogle in device menu" or something similar. i would think there is a way to turn it off in the device menu?? if your on wallpaper page swipe down from top right? is it there? i have never handled a pixi but it is web os and that is where it is on the pre too.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The car is turned off, key out of the ignition. In fact she is hundreds of feet away from the car when she is at work. It should be disconnected but the phone still maintains a connected state, even though there is nothing to be connected to.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This is a real problem. I like the form factor of the Pixi for my wife, but it seems to have problems my Pre has never had.

If it doesn't connect to the car, every time, or release from the car when she leaves it, every time, then I am going to have to take this phone back.
    This is the same thing that happens on a lot of Nissan vehicles with the Palm Pre. I have the problem and it is really annoying. It doesn't auto-disconnect from the vehicle when the vehicle is turned off. Currently I haven't found any fix....just waiting for palm to issue an update. Every phone I've ever had worked fine on my Nissan Maxima (2008)...I've used blackberry's (8830, 8330); Palm Treo Pro, Palm Treo 755p, HTC Touch Pro, etc etc....none have had this problem.