1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried epoxying the induction components from the Pre OEM Touchstone-compatible battery door to a shaved-down Seidio 2600mAH-compatible battery door?

It'd be a relatively substantial mod, since you'd have to do some soldering to extend the contacts, but I can't see any obstacles besides the general touchy-ness of touchstone charging; I believe the induction plate can't be any further than about 1.5mm from the touchstone for it to effectively charge. Tons of room in the Seidio case.
    I am also highly interested. I am waiting for someone else to be the test subject though! I have already spent too much on Pre accessories to go modifying them!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I am also highly interested. I am waiting for someone else to be the test subject though! I have already spent too much on Pre accessories to go modifying them!
    Yeah, I didn't think there'd be too many people raring to make significant changes to their half-thousand dollar toy. But mine don't work the way I need it to, and I know Seidio's challenge wrt making a touchstone-compatible extended battery setup has to do with the fabrication/acquisition of the induction plate. The touchstone in and of itself is not a complete unit without the receiving induction plate. The battery cover with the induction plate--that's not an accessory; it's part and parcel to the touchstone.

The touchstone (and associated induction plate) is an industry first. I haven't done the search for it, but I'm pretty sure it's got patented proprietary design in there that Palm's hasn't figured out a way to "share" just yet. It's a bit early in the game to be licensing out such new technology to accessory partners. Even if it's as simple as epoxying the component to the Seidio case, and figuring out a way to make the connections span another 4mm, at this point I think it's a job for home hacks, until there's a wholesale marketplace for touchstone components.