Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,
    I have a Blueant Q1 headset. I recently updated to the newest firmware which includes support for A2DP in order to hear podcasts, MP3's etc etc. The headset worked fine with the other update, but now not only does it not send the "music" audio to the headset, it also doesn't send the in call audio to the headset.....has anyone got any solutions?
    I likey take apart thingies....
    not only does a2dp not work for me, but i cannot except any incoming calls. hoping someone here might know more. thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Well I can give you a tip on the not receiving calls part. You have to roll the firmware back to the 8.16p version (it's the Pre specific one that dealt with the battery issue), according to another search i did, this is now a KNOWN issue, and hopefully they will be working on it soon!

Cheers
    Robert
    We are working to resolve this ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAnt View Post
    We are working to resolve this ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
    Any idea on how long this can take? Right now I have a $129 paperweight that doesn't even hold down paper well. (said in jest)
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem, but with the BlueAnt Sonic Speakers. I have been using them for a couple of years now and they are great. However, I cannot get my Pre to recognize the speakers as supporting the A2DP protocol. The Pre only recognizes the speakers as a headset. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get them to pair as speakers instead of a headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Hi Powerbyte

Please roll back to the previous version for Palm, 8.16p.
    As soon as 8.19p is ready I will post on here.

Regards

BlueAnt
  8.    #8  
    Already done Blueant....thanks...I really love my headset, and I got all excited for the A2DP update...and then....sadness crept upon the land.....

Cheers!
    Robert
    Thanks for the responsiveness. Silly question, I'm sure, but how do i rollback the firmware?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbl208 View Post
    Thanks for the responsiveness. Silly question, I'm sure, but how do i rollback the firmware?
    You need to log onto the support center and download the 8.16p firmware. Save it to your desktop. Then you nee to run the Q1 updater and choose "selective update". This will allow you to choose from a backed up version, or the version you have saved on your desktop. This is what you want to do.

Worked for me!

Cheers,
    Robert
    Thanks, Robert. I was searching for it on Blue Ant's dedicated Q1 page where I could only find the newest update, but just found it on their general site.

Appreciate your help and hope that the problem gets resolved soon, as pre + q1 w/ A2DP (as well as the other updates) would be great.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've held off getting a Q1 due to the bad reviews re: working w/ the Pre.

(I really want voice-dialing, but who knows how long it will take Palm to add voice-dialing to the Pre) ;-)

This thread has me hopeful that it will work well w/ the Pre when the next Blue Ant firmware update is release
  13.    #13  
    It actually works great with the Pre, minus the voice dialing. Like I said, I was really just looking forward to the a2dp music feature. For call quality, clarity and multipoint, there is no headset better in my opinion. I am able to use both my personal and work cell at the same time. That alone gives it a huge WOOOOOOT!, once again in my opinion!
    Hi, when do you think 8.19p version will be ready for download?
    any updates on this BlueAnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have a Blueant Q1 headset. I recently updated to the newest firmware which includes support for A2DP in order to hear podcasts, MP3's etc etc. The headset worked fine with the other update, but now not only does it not send the "music" audio to the headset, it also doesn't send the in call audio to the headset.....has anyone got any solutions?
    This problem is not exclusive to Blue ant. I have this problem with an Jabra A2DP. I think this is Pre update related. My headset goes on and off, signs in then turns off. There also was a sprint signal tower update thats missing. Some times my phone doesn't ring. Sometime my alarm doesn't work. 1.3.1. sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by andcertile View Post
    This problem is not exclusive to Blue ant. I have this problem with an Jabra A2DP. I think this is Pre update related. My headset goes on and off, signs in then turns off. There also was a sprint signal tower update thats missing. Some times my phone doesn't ring. Sometime my alarm doesn't work. 1.3.1. sucks.
    Im not sure its entirely the 1.3.1 my plantronics blackbeat stereo bluetooth headset works just fine....on the bluetooth screen where it shows your trusted devices there is an icon of a phone and music notes (i guess to say its stereo).

I am also wondering when the 8.19p will be out.....
    Hi All
    Thanks for your patience.
    Version 8.19p is on our website for download.
    Once you have logged in proceed to the Q1 section.
    When updating your Q1 please use the Selective update method.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

BlueAnt
    Just updated my Q1 to firmware Ver. 8.19p (the Pre specific a2dp update), and I can confirm the update does work with the Pre. As a test I decided to stream a bit of the Eagles game from the NFL Mobile Live app. Cool. For me this is nice because on the fly, I don't always want to have to use my stereo bluetooth headset, or or plug in a wired headset. As for audio quality, this is not the ideal way to listen to music, for obvious reasons, but call quality is good, noise cancellation is not bad at all, the headset offers pretty cutting edge voice command technology, and you can listen to your favorite PreCentral podcasts discretely ;-) Nice. Good work Blueant.

T.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    A2DP and voice commands work now? I'll have to pick one up!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast