1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any success connecting the Polaroid POGO mobile printer with the Palm Pre via Bluetooth? (Or USB for that matter!) I just got the printer through a Black Friday special and I don't see the Pre listed as a compatible device on the POGO website. It also says unable to connect when I try to pair it. Thanks...
    i just tried hooking up my printer but it didn't work.
    Mine doesn't "fail" exactly, but it sits and spins forever after it asks for my PIN... I note that A) while my car kit and headset both end up with appropriate icons, this pairing shows the polaroid with a telephone icon which is obviously not the case... B) the whole bluetooth setup says "searching for audio devices" which might be their lame way to say they don't support other things since they seem to go out of the way to use the word audio...

Frankly I'm a bit surprised since they seemed to have mastered the concept with the previous Treo phones that have no problems pairing with the printer... (650 and 750p)

Oh, and I'm on WebOS 1.3.5 from a couple days ago FWIW...
    Last edited by mccomfort; 01/01/2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Adding text...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    No it doesnt work. We have to get someone to create an app or get palm to do something. I went to polaroid website and they have a link for iphone people to request they make and app or unlock the bluetooth transfer profile (OPP) in their phones. So palm or a developer please work on this. i think we have enough games and other stuff. we need the basic stuff on this phone that we had on are old phones.
    i agree, someone should make an app for this, i love the printer but im kinda bummed out it doesn't work with the pre
  6. z21
    I have had no luck pairing my pre with anything other than audio devices.. Sure wish I could pair it via bluetooth with my macbook for wireless transfers and such.
    AHHH I just got a pogo and I was so excited to use it. Too bad it doesn't work with the Palm Pre. Anyone working on an app for this?
    I have to send to my mini via bluetooth, and print from there. Which is kind of a pain if I'm trying to travel as light as possible. This was a big disappointment for me, as my Treo paired w/ it. Would love a patch or workaround for this.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Oooh yes, I would love to see this! I do have my Pre bluetooth synced with my netbook, which I can send to the Pogo pretty easily. There would have to be bluetooth connectivity, as well as a "Send to Printer" option in photos, or possibly a frontend for it...

When Jason's Dropbox app is complete, I'll just move photos on Pre to my dropbox, then send it to Pogo from my netbook's dropbox. I think that's as easy as it's getting for me.

Btw.. I love using Pogo stickers for my lighters. People can't steal 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Oooh yes, I would love to see this! I do have my Pre bluetooth synced with my netbook, which I can send to the Pogo pretty easily. There would have to be bluetooth connectivity, as well as a "Send to Printer" option in photos, or possibly a frontend for it...

When Jason's Dropbox app is complete, I'll just move photos on Pre to my dropbox, then send it to Pogo from my netbook's dropbox. I think that's as easy as it's getting for me.

Btw.. I love using Pogo stickers for my lighters. People can't steal 'em!

How do you transfer a photo to a netbook via bluetooth? I thought the Pre wasn't able to do file transfers.
    just enable bluetooth on the Pre & netbook...once it pairs, initiate the transfer...you must initiate the xfer from the netbook
    Quote Originally Posted by aroyalty View Post
    just enable bluetooth on the Pre & netbook...once it pairs, initiate the transfer...you must initiate the xfer from the netbook
    I've done all of that and my computer hangs at "waiting for a connection". I'm using W7.
    I see its been a while since anyone responded so I'm guessing there hasn't been any success on this. My friend just got a POGO so I plan on looking into this a little. If anyone else has any info please let me know.

Hans