Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    The problem could be that the Pre goes into the "Just charge" mode by default (yes, even while it's prompting if you want Media Sync, USB Drive or Just Charge), and in that mode it appears as USB mass storage with the disk ejected. When you select Media Sync or USB Drive, then it appears to the host as if a disk were inserted. This is a clever way of working around the device having to re-enumerate as something different when you want storage versus charging (which is what some other smartphones do, like Treos running Softick Card Export), but some car stereos probably only look at the device once at initial connection, see that there's "no disc" and give up.

You could test your stereo against this scenario by using a USB SD card reader and connect it to the stereo with no card in it, then insert a card with music on it and see what happens. If I'm right, your stereo probably won't do that either but would work if the SD card were already in the reader when you first plugged it in...

The WebOS Internals guys have the just-charge-by-default patch, maybe they could make a usb-drive-by-default patch if this issue is confirmed via the SD card reader test.
    Thanx. I'll try this as I do have a USB SD card reader. Its an interesting idea.
    I've now used the headphone output jack to connect to the car's audio input but this works just like the bluetooth so that the car system acts just like a set of external speakers.

If I plug a USB stick in (which for davis.rob) just has a load of MP3 albums copied (the stick was not a copy of an itunes directory) to it I can see the folder structure of the USB stick on the car screen and choose tracks from there. This also happens if I plug in my son's ipod. My pre has music in both forms. Copied to it as a USB drive and synced using Media Monkey where it gains an ipod directory structure.

So I'll post the results of the SD card test and we'll see if someone at WebOS internals can write a patch that will allow me to choose USB or sync mode before I actually plug the device in.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for all the replies.. Yes I have just an Aux jack input on an 2008 Tundra I just bought. Just wanted to ask before I started hooking stuff up.. Thanks again.. This Pre community is awesome..
    Last edited by Empty_Pockets; 11/25/2009 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryaggie02 View Post
    Is anyone else having this problem? i can hear people but they can't hear me anymore since the update. I downgraded back to previous OS, works fine. I was forced to upgrade back to 1.3.1, same problem, i can hear them and they can't hear me
    Yes, it's happened to me too.
    I also love using my Mariner's aux port to listen to Accuradio as well as Internet radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrendel View Post
    Thanx. I'll try this as I do have a USB SD card reader. Its an interesting idea.
    I've now used the headphone output jack to connect to the car's audio input but this works just like the bluetooth so that the car system acts just like a set of external speakers.

If I plug a USB stick in (which for davis.rob) just has a load of MP3 albums copied (the stick was not a copy of an itunes directory) to it I can see the folder structure of the USB stick on the car screen and choose tracks from there. This also happens if I plug in my son's ipod. My pre has music in both forms. Copied to it as a USB drive and synced using Media Monkey where it gains an ipod directory structure.

So I'll post the results of the SD card test and we'll see if someone at WebOS internals can write a patch that will allow me to choose USB or sync mode before I actually plug the device in.
    OK I have plugged the USB card reader loaded with an SD card into the USB socket of the car. On my system it states 'USB device detected' and promptly plays the music and displays a menu of available tracks.

I then unplugged the device and plugged it in again without the SD card. Nothing was detected. I inserted the SD card and still nothing was detected. So it seems the idea is correct. Can someone help me with a useful patch?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here's an easier way to access a quick check on battery life, date/time, wi-fi/bluetooth settings, etc.

Instead of tapping on the battery icon on the top right; tap on the time on the upper panel...much easier to access.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12