Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I have 4 touchstones (office desk, home office desk, bedroom nightstand, and car w/ Palm charger) and they all work flawlessly. No unending notifications anywhere, charges to 100% and holds it, etc. Two bought on launch day, two about a week later.
    I've had mine since launch day of the Pre, still working like a champ! Just make sure when you place it on the stone, you hit the sweet spot. You just cant toss it on the stone. The magnets are strategically placed on the back for a reason. Just center the phone on it and you'll be good. If it begins to restart over and over, chances are you did not seat it correctly.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here's an easier way to access a quick check on battery life, date/time, wi-fi/bluetooth settings, etc.

Instead of tapping on the battery icon on the top right; tap on the time on the upper panel...much easier to access.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've had two touchstones since launch-day, (and a 3rd. I bought 2 weeks ago for travel), and they are great! I love these things.

I NEVER plug a USB into the Pre anymore, unless I have to side load something like a new ringtone.

There may be a bad connection between the charging back cover and the Pre's charging contacts. Try popping the touchstone back cover off the Pre and re-attatch it. (You DO have the special replacement back battery cover that's needed for the Touchstone to work?) ;-)

In my experience, almost "everyone", I know has a touchstone and have had zero trouble with them.
    i have 2 touchstones and never had any problems so its not everyone!
    "Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." — Confucius

Found that quote while looking for the definition of "Everyone."
    http://content.answers.com/main/cont...9/E0254100.wav
    Quote Originally Posted by mhrischuk View Post
    In my truck it just goes on and off continuously.
    FYI, the touchstone was not designed for use with a car charger at all. Many people (myself included) have gotten them to work in a vehicle, but it can be problematic.

You need a car charger that will put out enough power, and even then, you may find that it briefly stops charging under certain circumstances. For example, in my corolla, it breaks the charging when I hit my breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Found that quote while looking for the definition of "Everyone."
    You actually had to look up the definition of "everyone?"
    Have one for my home, can't live without it, when I travel I pack in my travel bag. Gonna get one for my car. I bought it when I puchased my Pre in June, not one issue with it since then.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    FYI, the touchstone was not designed for use with a car charger at all. Many people (myself included) have gotten them to work in a vehicle, but it can be problematic.

You need a car charger that will put out enough power, and even then, you may find that it briefly stops charging under certain circumstances. For example, in my corolla, it breaks the charging when I hit my breaks.
    I have the same problem in my 2001 IS300. But it works fine in our Toyota Highlander and my parents Chrysler minivan. Go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You actually had to look up the definition of "everyone?"
    Nah, it was just a slow morning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12