1.    #1  
    Weird - woke up this am with my battery (on the Touchstone) down to 23%. Switched electrical sockets and it is not charging. Removed the Touchstone and plugged it directly into the side of the Pre and it is now charging fine. Seems odd that such a simple thing would "break!" Looks like a trip to the Sprint store!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me. Just remove the battery, place it back in and turned on the Pre. Should work again.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I was woken up this morning with my Pre bonging continuously with the charging sound; it is cycling recharge on and off, about every 4 seconds on my touchstone. I actually swapped the upstairs touchstone with the downstairs one and it's still not charging via touchstone. It's just cycling between charge and not charging constantly. Any thoughts? Touchstone? The Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Weird - woke up this am with my battery (on the Touchstone) down to 23%. Switched electrical sockets and it is not charging. Removed the Touchstone and plugged it directly into the side of the Pre and it is now charging fine. Seems odd that such a simple thing would "break!" Looks like a trip to the Sprint store!
    This is happening once again to me. I called Sprint before when this happened and they sent me a new phone and a new battery. Thinking it was just a bad battery I sent the old battery and the new phone back. Saved me from putting the screen protector on the new one. But here we go again, waiting for the new phone and new battery.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    It's happened to me a few times but a simple restart fixes it. Could be an issue with the inductive charging sub routine needing to be reset.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Have you tried removing and replacing the back of your Pre? The pickup coil and regulator for the touchstone is in the back and there's two metal contacts linking that to the rest of your pre. Those contacts could just be dirty and need re-seating... worth a shot before you head off to the store.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer