Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I have a bluetooth headset bought on ebay, that worked perfectly in my deceased cellphone, a sony ericsson K750i. I don't know why but my Pre is unable to detect it to pair!

    Does someone know what is causing this?!
  2. #2  
    I got a nice Blueant off of Ebay- but I had to manually reset the headset to original factory specs before it would work. If you don't have the manual, you can find one on Retrevo.com.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I got a nice Blueant off of Ebay- but I had to manually reset the headset to original factory specs before it would work. If you don't have the manual, you can find one on Retrevo.com.

    Mine is the cheaper one on ebay, it says H200 when paired to my K750i. I've read the instruction but there are no mention on reset or something. It says that you just have to turn it on and pair it. :S
  4.    #4  
    No one else is having the same problem?
  5. #5  
    Not to be a smart***, but do you have bluetooth enabled on your phone? The only time had problems pairing was when I forgot that step.
  6.    #6  
    Hi! Yes, it's on and it searches for devices but don't find it at all. :S
  7.    #7  
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Palm Pre phone compatibility with other Bluetooth devices

    This is the problem, compatibility!

    *** palm! Even a crapy cellphone can handle all bluetooth headsets
  8. #8  
    <moved>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #9  
    Is the headset in pairing mode?
  10. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #10  
    As mentioned above, make sure the headset is in pairing mode. With MOST headsets, this is done by holding on to the power button for a good 5 - 10 seconds (while it is powered off) , then you should notice that the LED indicator remains steadily lit (instead of blinking). Once you see that, then your phone should be able to discover it.
  11. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    [url= Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Palm Pre phone compatibility with other Bluetooth devices[/url]

    This is the problem, compatibility!

    *** palm! Even a crapy cellphone can handle all bluetooth headsets

    Keep in mind that that list isn't all inclusive, Palm can't test every single headset that's been on the market.

    I have a Plantronics 510 that's not on the list and it works fine.

    Make sure you get that headset in pairing mode.
  12. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Keep in mind that that list isn't all inclusive, Palm can't test every single headset that's been on the market.

    I have a Plantronics 510 that's not on the list and it works fine.

    Make sure you get that headset in pairing mode.
    I agree, the Jabra Stone isnt there either and it works flawlessly.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  13.    #13  
    Thanks to all! It's working now. After a reset to my blootooth it worked.

    H200 (I think its motorola clone) from ebay works on Pre.

Posting Permissions