1.    #1  
    i applied the phantom skin as directed and i see it says to let the phone dry for 2-4 hours. i tried to turn mine on and i get a blank screen with the led messed up. is my new pre trashed or should i let it dry out for awhile longer? i did not use that much water at all.

jesus if my phones trashed im screwed here.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 11/21/2009 at 02:15 PM.
  2.    #2  
    please anybody, i do not have insurance. what do i need to do to dry it out? i heard the rice trick does not work either. im really f***** here if my phones trashed.
  3.    #3  
    well i tested it and it does boot up and the sound works, also connects to my pc properly but i have no picture on the lcd. what does this mean, i didn't get it wet to my knowledge. should i just let it dry out more or is the lcd fried? i have to have a phone by tomorrow.
    it sounds like its a hardware issue not a screen protector issue,i say this because you can mess up the speaker or ear piece but to mess up the lcd screen with water you would have to soak it pretty good ,i would take it back to sprint and get it replaced . just make sure you dont say it started doing this right after i put the screen protector on . in other words dont offer up more info than needed because they may try to say it was your own fault even though it may have not been your fault . do you understand lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it sounds like its a hardware issue not a screen protector issue,i say this because you can mess up the speaker or ear piece but to mess up the lcd screen with water you would have to soak it pretty good ,i would take it back to sprint and get it replaced . just make sure you dont say it started doing this right after i put the screen protector on . in other words dont offer up more info than needed because they may try to say it was your own fault even though it may have not been your fault . do you understand lol
    i can't take it back as i bought this new off of craigslist. seems pretty weird it happens right after i put the screen protector on. as i said i have no insurance either.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    you can take it to a Service Center, as long as the phone doesnt show any liquid damage, they will get you a replacement under warranty.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    you can take it to a Service Center, as long as the phone doesnt show any liquid damage, they will get you a replacement under warranty.
    yeah problem is ill have to drive 60 miles to get to one. man i hope i can get this thing to work tonight.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    also take the phantom skin off in case it is pressing on the button
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    also take the phantom skin off in case it is pressing on the button
    pressing on the button? you mean the power button?
  10.    #10  
    i removed the skin and nothing, im just gonna sell it as is and buy something else i guess.
    i think you got some liquid in the device. You should have left it to dry (battery removed) when you installed the skin. 2hrs is not enough to dry.

i say let it dry for a few days, remove battery and try again.
    look you can either take a loss and not go to the service center or go to the service center with a good attitude and very possibly get a new phone . it up to you . good bye
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    look you can either take a loss and not go to the service center or go to the service center with a good attitude and very possibly get a new phone . it up to you . good bye
    Exactly what I was thinking... I mean really dude wouldn't it be worth the trip into town? Take a date and get dinner or something...

...Or you can sit there and be ****ed off at the world without taking any action... Your call!
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    yeah problem is ill have to drive 60 miles to get to one. man i hope i can get this thing to work tonight.
    generally if you are that far from a SC, Tech Support will send you one through UPS and then you ship the old one back. Thing is, if your original Pre shows Liquid Damage, Sprint will charge you full cost for the Pre they sent you. A trip into the Service Center would be more beneficial if you think your Pre got wet.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ...you did submerge the *screen protector* and not the Pre, right?
    take it to a service center, most techs don't even open up the phone and see if it's liquid damaaged. they will get you one for free by the next day, either you drive 240 miles total and get a phone for free or you just try to buy a new phone for $500, i would rather drive 240 miles
    240 miles is worth it for this awesome phone imo ......

memories of the line at sprint june 6 waiting to buy the pre start to flash into my head haha
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    This is exactly why I will never add any of these body protectors that require the solution. Liquid application + electronics = bad

Sorry but it's just not worth the risk IMO, as the OP has found out.. the hard way.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    This is exactly why I will never add any of these body protectors that require the solution. Liquid application + electronics = bad

Sorry but it's just not worth the risk IMO, as the OP has found out.. the hard way.
    Dude - I have installed both mine & my wife's (installed them at night) and then left them off and not charging overnight. Wake up in the morning and turn them on - no issues.

While it makes sense to have an aversion to putting a LIQUID on your PHONE, the OP simply did something wrong.