1.    #1  
    Just a heads up... the LG HBS-250 Bluetooth Stereo Headset is available on woot.com, new, for $24.99 after shipping. Amazon / CNet reviews seem decent.
    So, what's the chances of these working with the PRE?
  3.    #3  
    Yes it does... just got it in the mail. Paired very easily, the buttons are really small. I'll have a better review once I have a full day with them at work.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah. So, these things aren't exactly a fashion statement... after a few quips at work, I managed to walk around for awhile. They're comfortable and sound OK... my biggest complaint is it's just missing some bass here and there. There are also some volume balancing you may have to do (ie. lower the headset/up the handset). The range is what has impressed me the most thus far. Through a few walls in the kitchen, overall about 30-40 ft with walls.

It does make calls, however, it's a massive button that takes up most of the unit. If you tap the side of your ear to adjust the headset... you end up calling the person you last called. It has a mic, although from what I'm told it doesn't sound that great... "like I'm a little distant on speakerphone". The controls are really small as I said before... I find I have to take it off to adjust volume, yet, changing tracks / pause have been pretty easy.

I wasn't expecting much for $25, but again I am impressed with the range. If you work or intend to use them in a noisy place I wouldn't recommend them. The volume is perfect for an office setting... the music is clear AND I hear when someone is behind me trying to ask me a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Loco View Post
    Yeah. So, these things aren't exactly a fashion statement... after a few quips at work, I managed to walk around for awhile. They're comfortable and sound OK... my biggest complaint is it's just missing some bass here and there. There are also some volume balancing you may have to do (ie. lower the headset/up the handset). The range is what has impressed me the most thus far. Through a few walls in the kitchen, overall about 30-40 ft with walls.

It does make calls, however, it's a massive button that takes up most of the unit. If you tap the side of your ear to adjust the headset... you end up calling the person you last called. It has a mic, although from what I'm told it doesn't sound that great... "like I'm a little distant on speakerphone". The controls are really small as I said before... I find I have to take it off to adjust volume, yet, changing tracks / pause have been pretty easy.

I wasn't expecting much for $25, but again I am impressed with the range. If you work or intend to use them in a noisy place I wouldn't recommend them. The volume is perfect for an office setting... the music is clear AND I hear when someone is behind me trying to ask me a question.
    I had these and used them for both my laptop and Pre. You can have 2 devices connected to it at the same time. Laptop connected to it thru stereo. Pre connected for phone call only. However, it was very uncomfortable even after 10 mins. My ears were hurt. I returned them and looking for new ones. Maybe the ones that are earbuds type.

Don't get me wrong, the sound was not bad at all. It was just not comfortable.
    I saw this thread and thought cool. Hit woot and saw the strangest headphones that I have ever seen. Then looked at the initial post dates.

For some decent cheap Bluetooth, I've seen the Nokia necklace style around for a little under $30. These don't have remote control capability, but work pretty well with my Pre. I've seen them on slickdeals or bensbargains recently.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.