1.    #1  
    Everyone always complains that they want the touchstone hold on to the phone more securely, or when adding a case I.E. Seido's Innocase the touchstone does not work as well... Has anyone ever tried adding more magnets to the back of the touchstone back plate and the touchstone itself? (keeping in mind the right magnetic fields when installing) I'm sure you can buy those tiny circular magnets which can be found on tips of magnetic screw driver sockets... install a few more of it around where the original magnets exist... That should work right?

if I had a touch stone I 'd definitely try it.
    aside from the first issue of WHO SAID THE TS DOES NOT HOLD PROPERLY? I have one and it never falls off unless i'm messing with it.

As far as magnetic fields and the like, I don't think you and going to attain the correct field even if you find magnets that work and do not interfere with the distance needed for the Pre to be from its charging magnets for the inductive charging to work properly.

I dont know anything
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    *sigh.... Physics really should be required in highschool.

magnets will not change an inductive charge unless moving inside the magnetic field, or unless you physically alter either coil.

additional magnets buried in a hard-cover would help increase the hold. Rare-earth magnets would work well, and could be buried within the back cover relatively easy.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    *sigh.... Physics really should be required in highschool.

magnets will not change an inductive charge unless moving inside the magnetic field, or unless you physically alter either coil.

additional magnets buried in a hard-cover would help increase the hold. Rare-earth magnets would work well, and could be buried within the back cover relatively easy.
    Thanks Phreakish... my sentiments exactly. Now... who's willing and able? Let us know how you fare. You there the guy who posted first... you have a touchstone...

This would benefit those who install the touchstone in their car (lots of bumps there) and also those who add skins to their Pre for protection but have experienced a weakened hold with their touchstone.
    if i had some i would try, anyone want to donate some to me. lol
    PalmAddicts: Palm Prē launch: The Touchstone's 'chic' secrets revealed

read that article and tell me how you guys are going to add extra magnets. I'm not sure if you are talking about outside of the magnetic field, or directly in the path of it. If its in the path, then I am confused on how those magnets are not going to interfere with the magnetic field between the TS and the backplate. Talk to me homeboys.

By the way, the only problem I have with my TS is trying to plug the 3.5mm cable in and pushing the Pre right off of the TS. Is that the problem you guys are trying to fix: those little issues? The most important part of the TS is that it hasn't fallen off yet while just driving, hitting many potholes and such.

If the link doesn't work, I will try to get the link another way.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    if i had some i would try, anyone want to donate some to me. lol
    DealExtreme Search: magnets
    It doesn't matter where the magnets are and how they effect the shape or the size of the magnetic field. You can put the magnets anywhere you want without fear of disrupting charging. If I had a TS, I would gladly give it a go, but since I don't have a TS I don't know about a lack of holding power. I am very interesting in finding out though since I am planning on purchasing a TS rather soon
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    PalmAddicts: Palm Prē launch: The Touchstone's 'chic' secrets revealed

read that article and tell me how you guys are going to add extra magnets. I'm not sure if you are talking about outside of the magnetic field, or directly in the path of it. If its in the path, then I am confused on how those magnets are not going to interfere with the magnetic field between the TS and the backplate. Talk to me homeboys.

By the way, the only problem I have with my TS is trying to plug the 3.5mm cable in and pushing the Pre right off of the TS. Is that the problem you guys are trying to fix: those little issues? The most important part of the TS is that it hasn't fallen off yet while just driving, hitting many potholes and such.

If the link doesn't work, I will try to get the link another way.

Maybe one can pop off the cover inside the touchstone back plate, remove the magnets that are currently there and replace it with a thicker stronger, rare earth magnet? then put the cover back on top.....
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igetdeep View Post
    Maybe one can pop off the cover inside the touchstone back plate, remove the magnets that are currently there and replace it with a thicker stronger, rare earth magnet? then put the cover back on top.....
    some one did that here on Pre central he had a pic of his pre stuck to his fridge
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre